Ch 27: Angry Confessions

'Where is everyone?' I thought as I wandered namelessly through the halls after finding the classroom empty.

"Man, a girl goes to the bathroom for one second and everyone decides to disappear." I mumbled under my breath annoyed.

Turning the corner I noticed Kaname standing in front of the window staring at something with a rather calm yet somewhat amused expression.

"Finally I found someone." I said dramatically throwing my hands up in relief. "And here I was beginning to believe that I was the last woman on Earth."

He chuckled at my enthusiasm, turning his glaze from outside to me. "So would that make me the last man on Earth along with you?"

"Yeah it would and that'd be just awful."

"Oh yeah...." He trailed off coming closer to me. "How's that?"

"Well first off I have a boyfriend." I listed blushing at the thought of Kain's handsome face. "And second, I like him a lot so you and me are a no no." I saw him tense up once I said this making me regret it immediately. "I mean you're a great guy and great in bed, but it'd be weird to see each other in a romantic way since we're best friends." I quickly corrected, although I felt like I made it worse.

Kaname stood in front of me very closely yet I couldn't see the expression on his face from where we stood in the moonlight in the dark hallway.

"Is that so." He said in an unfamiliar tone.

"Well yeah, I mean you love Yuki so-" but I was suddenly pushed roughly against the wall.

Kaname pressed up against me trapping me between him and the wall. He held both my wrists in one hand while the other lifted my chin to look him in the eye. His eyes glowed with something I've never seen before.

"Kaname, what are you-" He smashed his lips onto mine cutting me off again.

I struggled trying to get out of his grip only for it to tighten. When he tried jamming his tongue down my throat I took the chance to bite hard on his bottom lip causing him to finally release me.

"Oh my gosh! What the hell is your problem?!" I yelled, rubbing my bruising wrists.

"What? You never mind us kissing before." He said lick the blood off of his lip.

"That was before I had a boyfriend."

"What some vampire who not even a Pureblood like yourself and who you haven't even known for that long. Do you know where he is right now?" Kaname questions, his tone slowing rising. "He's out there with the rest of Night Class ganging up on that soon to be monster that you consider to be a friend."

I couldn't help the rage that was over flowing within me.

"Monsters like him shouldn't even be alive-" It was now his turn to be interrupted by my hand colliding with his face making it snap to the side because of it's force.

"Don't you ever call Zero a monster again." I said coldly glaring at him as he held his cheek yet he didn't seem surprised by my behavior like it was his plan to get me angry. "And don't insult Kain by saying he isn't right for me just because of our bloodlines. It doesn't matter if I'm a Pureblood and he's not all that matter is that I.." I stopped myself at that point.

"You what?"

"I love him." I realized smiling at the thought yet my face went back to being emotionless instantly. "What does it matter to you? None of it is your business."

"Of course it's my business." He said through clenched teeth.

"Oh really. How's that?"

"Because I'm in love with you!" Kaname finally lashes out.

Soon a silence surrounded us with a thick veil of tension in the air. We both refused to look at one another.

"That's impossible." I denied breaking the silence. "I mean you love Yuki."

"I'm love Yuki because I have to be with her." He admitted running a hand through my long hair lovingly. "I love you because I want to."

"Stop." I whispered pushing his hand away. "I have to go." Kaname didn't say a word as he moved aside to let me go.

In that moment I ran. I didn't know where to but all I know is that I couldn't be here. I needed to be somewhere that made me feel safe. I wanted to be away from it all and everyone here if only for a brief second.

The tears wouldn't stop and my legs started to hurt. I was ready to collapse but as I was falling a pair of arms held me up to support my weakened body. I looked up at the person and gasped at the person holding, my eyes widening in shock. It was the one man who said himself that I could always relay on if i was ever in need.

"Yagari." I whispered through the tears.