The Life Of A Murderers Bestfriend

( Kristen Gilbert was a real serial killer- this was her story. I added my own twist on it though, tell me what y'all think. My first story... yay? :] Btw, her murders took time around 1988 (Before I Was Born) So I sped it up to 2005. Lmao. ok. Oh And Jess is a made up character. :D)

=*= Jess' POV=*=

I watched as Kristen walked by. Her nurse outfit didnt look right on her. It made her look hidden and out of place. When she wore street clothes she looked pretty, and smart. She actually is pretty and smart. I, am Kristens friend. Not a real friend, but I'm the closest anyone has ever been to her.

The closer people came to know Kristen, the more they seemed to edge away from the friendship. One friend recounted how Kristin showed up in a blouse which her friend had discovered missing from her closet. When questioned, Kristin insisted the blouse was her own. Former boyfriends described Kristin as strange and controlling. For attention she would fake suicide or when angry she would tamper with the boys' cars or physically attack them, scratching them with her nails.

Even though Kristen had few friends, she was still friendly to all the other workers/patients. Speaking of patients, they were dying. Specifically, Kristens patients. Everyone knew it was a hospital- but this was two years into the marriage with a child. I was thinking the child was giving Kristen extra stress she didnt need.

After Kristen's maternity leave, she switched to the night shift. (After 4pm.) And the death roll became higher. Kristen would often come to work stressed- she would tell me the fights she got into with her husband.

Fast forward another two years, after the Gilbert's second child was born, the couple's marriage seemed to falter. Kristen was developing a friendship with James  Perrault, a newly hired VA Hospital security guard. He worked from 3 p.m. until 11 p.m. and the two often went to have drinks with other workers at the end of their shifts. James was also called anytime there was a medical emergency on Ward C. It was during such emergencies that Kristen would impress Perrault with her exceptional nursing skills.

The relationship between Kristen and James moved from friendship to intimacy. Glenn began to notice the food Kristen served him had an odd taste to it. Although nothing was ever proven, Glenn Gilbert became convinced his wife was trying to kill him, telling friends she wanted him dead by Thanksgiving. When James presented Kristen with the ultimatum to leave Glen, or end their relationship, Kristen promptly told Glen she was leaving.

At the first of December, Kristen left her husband and kids and moved into her own apartment and she and James' relationship was in full bloom. Things were not as merry at the VA Hospital. A lot of patients were dying and Kristen's coworkers began to whisper about the deaths always occurring on Kristen's shift. Although many of the patients who died were in serious condition and old, there were also patients who, although sick, had no history of heart problems, yet were dying of cardiac arrest.

 Months went by with business as usual at the hospital. The whispers about Kristen continued, but many chose not to believe she would be involved in something as sinister as killing the patients. Others were not so trusting and began to monitor drugs which could cause cardiac arrest. One such drug, epinephrine kept coming up missing. Unofficially, Ward C was under a close eye of a handful of the nurses assigned to it.

Kristen offered a vial of ephinephrine to a fellow nurse who suffered from asthma. This left little doubt as to who was responsible for the missing vials of the drug from the locked cabinet. But perhaps the event which most raised suspicion occurred on Feb. 2nd when Gilbert, anxious to leave work to meet James, asked her supervisor if she could leave work early if her patient in ICU died. She was told yes and within hours the patient was dead from cardiac arrest.

On February 15, an AIDS patient who was being treated with antibiotics suddenly passed out after Kristen had flushed his intravenous lines and the nurses on Ward C finally decided to report their suspicions. It did not take federal investigators long to figure out the common thread to many of the deaths occurring on Ward C, was Kristen Gilbert. In the seven years she worked at the VA Hospital, 350 deaths had occurred during her shift, statistically impossible to attribute to coincidence.

(Comment if you want more, tell me if I should change it, or just to tell me to end it completely.)