A New Start

A/N: Hello everyone! I hope you guys like the first chapter of Pinku Cat Cafe! You'll meet the boys soon, don't worry!

A/N2: This is almost a year after this first chapter was created. I've been having problems with people being downright rude. If you would rather talk shit about this story, read something else. Be mature. I'm tired of it.

A/N3: I can't believe I have to say this still. If you comment any rude shit I'm muting you.

~

You were initially very surprised when you heard the news from your mother. After years of being in the same place, she had decided that it was time for you and her to move. Your older sister was off to college and their relationship had deteriorated from how strict she had been in her youth... though it doesn't exactly stop her from being strict with you. That took quite a toll on her.

You weren't sure why she was making the decision to move to a completely different place... maybe it was a midlife crisis, or the fact that she only has one daughter to isolate now. She was used to being close in proximity to the rest of your family, too, but some things happened and now she's not talking to any of her siblings. But, thankfully, your grandparents lived in the area you were to be moving to, so you wouldn't be completely alone.

... not that you weren't already alone before. You went to a school filled with snobs that thought they were better than everybody because they had money and were in the best of fashions. While you don't care much about people caring about what they're seen in (that's natural, after all), you were always bothered by the judgment. Your immediate family wasn't the richest of people and on top of that, you never really felt a need for designer brands like others did. You get the appeal, but you like your own set of things. Not to mention that the people you were surrounded with also talked to you as if you were a pet because you didn't socialize as much as others and act like it was charity for even speaking to you. The bullying stopped when you hit high school, thankfully, but the dislike towards people was still there. If people were going to treat you like a pet, then you'd rather be left alone.

"It'd be a new start for both of us," your mother had said, her tone that of hope but also... sternness. No matter what you would say or do, this move was going to happen. Not that you minded. You'd actually met a girl online who lived in the area, which was a super lucky break for you. Though, it wasn't exactly a coincidence.

After you were told that you were going to be moving to a small town called South Park, you looked it up on Twitter and decided to look through some of the posts. You came upon a couple of beautiful drawings, as they were apparently being sold in the city at the time, and you liked and retweeted them. It was good for publicity, no? Not to mention that you really liked it. Almost instantly, you were given a follow and a DM from the owner of the account. "Hello, thank you for the support! It's much appreciated! (*≧▽≦)," it said. Even if it was a small message, you felt... at ease. You could tell that the person's words were genuine and they were actually happy that you showed your appreciation for their work.

You learned that her name was Lisa Akimoto and that she's 16, just like you. You became fast friends and she was very excited that you were going to be in the same town as her. She said that new people don't come around that often, so it'd be nice to have a fresh face around her. You agreed with her and shared her excitement. It turned out that the two of you had a lot in common, from the fact that you both have a bit of a hard time fitting in to your tastes in music and shows, namely anime.

She told you about a week after you started packing your things that her family was opening up a cafe in the middle of town. You were curious and asked about it-- what kind of food they would have, the interior, the name... It turns out that it was mostly her father's idea, who had a love for themed cafes in his youth and for cooking. Your stomach grumbled when she told you that some of the meals would include fried pork curry and omelette rice. The name of the establishment would be Pinku Cat Cafe, which made your heart skip a beat. You always thought that the idea of being in a cafe filled with little kitties to pet was absolutely ingenious. When you jokingly said that you would kill to work in such a place, her immediate response was, "We'd love to have you." You were shocked, but at the same time, you were actually excited. You haven't felt excitement in a while, and this would definitely occupy your time over the summer.