XXXIV

Zion ended the call as soon as he was done talking. Meanwhile, Aldrich grabbed them and raced towards the end of the rink.

Quickly throwing their skates away, the kings grabbed their boyfriend and headed towards the reception table at the corner, ducking under the desk.

Adrian panted quietly as he sat back, the area under the desk surprisingly big enough to hide them three.

Zion had been informed that the place had been guarded as soon as they came to know Trevor's whereabouts.

But the bad news was that they successfully found the phone, but no owner, which meant that Trevor could be anywhere at that moment.

Adrian saw his boyfriends sat up with a very serious face.

He saw as Aldrich pulled the bottom of his sleeves up, revealing the case for his long, thin assassin knife. He took it out, checking the edges as the little sunlight they were getting reflected on his face, making him look more sexy even at times like these.

Zion pulled out his gun, eyeing the weapon his fiancé held. Yet he didn't question anything as he knew Aldrich loved these weapons.

"You... You guys aren't going to go ahead and fight him, right?" Adrian asked hesitantly, his voice a low whisper. The nervousness he held could clearly be heard.

"No love, we'll be here. The security is taking care of everything as we talk, bun." Zion said in a calm manner, as if Adrian was a fragile little being.

Which he was. At this moment, he was more than terrified.

The royals successfully hid the actions of Trevor. They got rid of the rumours by stating some stuff against him that Adrian didn't even care about.

But now, he was a terror to everyone. A threat.

And because of all these thoughts springing up in his mind, Adrian felt as if his heart would thump its way out.

Aldrich noticed this, quickly closing in on his boyfriend to comfort him.

"Hey hey, little one... Look, we're right here!" He said, making Adrian sit between his legs with his back touching his chest.

He combed the hair out his boyfriend's eyes, trying his best to calm him down while keeping an ear out for trouble.

"These weapons are for us to use if he manages to get to us. There's no need to worry, cupcake." Aldrich explained, successfully helping with Adrian's beating heart.

They sat in the silence for a lot while, occassionally listen to small thumps here and there.

But neither of them got up to catch him, Zion knowing well that his team won't let him down. They didn't want to risk by leaving Adrian behind.

It was a long while since they hid, Adrian slowly drifting into sleep. Aldrich finally asked Zion something that was bugging him since he got the call. But he didn't want to worry Adrian.

"You okay?" Aldrich asked.

Zion felt the last wall which kept his emotions in, shatter. A deep frown took place on his face.

"He... He will be caught but.. will that be all? Hell-
I'm a fucking King, why the hell am I so scared of things that can happen-"

"Hey hey..." Aldrich held Zion's hand, stopping him from pulling his hair.

"We all have battles, Zion. One might not show it but no other person can know what they are going through. So what if you're a King? Are you not human? You're bound to go through these feelings.

"And that, is completely natural. Now tell me, talk to me-"

Zion cut his fiancé mid speech.

"But it's childish."

"No it's not." Aldrich said, rubbing the pad of his thumb across Zion's knuckles.

"Trevor will get caught but what's the guarantee that he will not flee this time? What's the guarantee that there might not be other people working under him?

"And what about the contract, Aldrich? I mean.. it stated that I had to marry in order to keep my throne and my 4 years are closing in. It's only been a few months since I've known Adrian and... I don't know if he'll want to marry this soon."

Zion said the last part so quiet that Aldrich was glad he was sitting so close to him to hear that.

"When Trevor gets caught, we will do a full checkup, like we do whenever any one like him gets caught. We can make changes in the system to help with it, too." Aldrich told him.

"And as for the contract, the only person after the throne was Trevor himself, right? And no one knows about it anyway." Aldrich whispered low and quiet.

"That's too dangerous." Zion mumbled.

"But you have me. And I'm more dangerous... After Jae Hyun, of course." Adrian grumbled, making Zion breath out a chuckle.

There was sudden round of gunshots, making the Kings duck their head. Adrian jerked his eyes open, instantly knowing what's going on.

A few minutes later, they heard a few footsteps coming along their way.

"Your Highness!" The guard ducked his head under the table.

"We have him, Your Highness." He smiled professionally, the news making the three beam.

They got out of their hiding place, quickly heading to the van outside where Trevor was chained up.

He lifted his eyes up, glaring at them as disgust took over his features.

"Not only are you faggots... But are supported by the public even if you have a fucking pet-"

The guard punched him square on the face, successfully knocking him out.

Surprisingly, Zion was not expecting that. He looked at the guard, raising an eyebrow while trying to keep his snicker in.

"He's been blabbering stupid stuff since we got him, Sir. But I can't let him say shit about Sir Adrian, too." He grumbled out while trying to avert his gaze, a bit embarrassed by his actions.

"I like him." Aldrich suddenly said, making the guard bow at him in gratitude.

As the three sat back in the car, anyone could feel the relief rolling off them in waves.

The Kings, however, were a bit dazed with thoughts swirling their mind.

They had a lot to investigate, a lot to check up on to finally get rid of every danger.

The three finally exchanged glances, and Adrian was more than happy to be by their side.

__________________________

A/N -- hello lol..
I know, I was extremely late with the update... But I'm sorryyyyyy...

I have started a new book, but as stated there as well, Among Royalty will be my main focus.

And..!!
Have you seen the new cover!!
It was made by the fabulous VINTAGE_MARBLE and it's so nicee
ajshsjdssh

Thank you so much for that 😭