8 - Nasty Habits

Flashback

It was the middle of the night and Rumpelstiltskin was sitting on the roof of a building. All of a sudden he heard music starting to play and children began to climb out of their windows or leave through their front doors.

Rumpelstiltskin followed the children into the woods where they were drums playing and everyone was wearing masks as they danced around a big fire.

"Bae! Phinia! Bae! Phinia! Bae! Phinia!" Rumpelstiltskin called out as he checked the children for them.

He saw the piper in a cloak playing his music through a type of flute, he went over to him and took the instrument.

"Where is my son and Delphinia, Piper?" Rumpelstiltskin asked as he broke the flute.

"Is that what they're calling me?" He stood up and turned to him, the cloak's hood covering his face, "We both know who I really am," He took the hood off, "Been a while, laddie. Glad you could make the show," Pan said.

Rumpelstiltskin looked at him in shock, "You surprised to see me, Rumpel? I don't blame you

Rumpelstiltskin looked at him in shock, "You surprised to see me, Rumpel? I don't blame you. I'm a little surprised myself. Look who's become the Dark One! Good for you. Last time I saw you, you were hobbling yourself to get out of the war because you were becoming a Papa," Pan said.

"What?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"Thanks for looking after my little lassie for me, knew she'd be in great hands," Pan said with a smirk.

"What are you doing here?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"It's lonely in Neverland. The only friends I have are the children who visit in their dreams. But they can't stay. The boys I take back with me will and so will my daughter," Pan said.

"You're not taking Delphinia or my son," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"I am... I'm taking my daughter home with me, whether you like it or not laddie," Pan said.

"Well, it's gonna take a lot more than a magic pipe to take them," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"The only thing magic about this pipe is that only certain children can hear it... Children who feel unloved, children who feel lost... I guess that's why you can hear it, Rumpel. Isn't it?" Pan said.

"Don't pretend to know me. You don't. Not anymore," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Oh, I think I do. Beneath all that power, you're nothing more than an unloved, lonely, lost boy. Hey, I like the sound of that. That's what I'll call my new group of friends. The lost boy. It has a nice ring, don't you think? And my Delphinia can be the very first lost girl," Pan said.