Chapter 11: Time with Selena

Start from the beginning

"Maybe. I was hoping I'd be able to see you more if I came here. Of course, the people around here is also a reason why I keep coming back. The children are wonderful and Mr. Landors... or Jack, as he and Ms. Samuels... Ally would rather me call them by, have been teaching me lots. I honestly love it here." Selena replied. Luke smiled.

"I'm sure Uncle Jack would be happy to hear that." Luke said as Selena let him go. Selena nodded.

"And that's why I make sure to tell him and Ally often. What's in the backpack?" Selena asked.

"Vegetables. The shelter was running low, so my friend who sometimes delivers the veggies here texted me to pick them up. I guess she figured I would be coming here." Luke explained. Selena looked at Luke curiously upon hearing the word 'she'. She wasn't the super jealous type that wanted her closest male friend all to herself, but she had heard talk of a girl who had fought Luke in a martial arts competition and had since been interested in the boy, not that Luke himself noticed. Even Jack and Ally had mentioned it. Jack had also mentioned that she was the same girl who they bought fruits and vegetables from, though Selena herself hadn't met her yet.

"So... is this girl... special to you?" Selena asked. Luke looked at her in confusion.

"Special? Special, how? I mean she is one of my closest friends if that's what you're asking." Luke replied honestly. Selena nodded.

"So, she's not your girlfriend... do you have a girlfriend?" Selena asked.

"No. I'm... not with anyone... why? Please tell me you didn't put me in a blind date... Uncle Jason tried doing that once two years ago." Luke said, his face turning pale white as he remembered that incident. Selena giggled.

"No. Just wondering.... no particular reason." Selena replied. As oblivious as ever, Luke bought it and together the two went inside of the shelter to give the veggies to Jack.

"Does Ms. Selena love Luke, mommy?" One of the girls asked her mom. The mother giggled.

"I think so. I think so."

When Luke and Selena got inside of the shelter, they found Jack and Ally talking in the kitchen about more decorative flowers being added around the shelter.
"Well, Selena is a regular volunteer here these days. We can always just ask her." Ally said with a nod at Jack. Jack smiled.

"Yeah. I think she'll know what's up and bring some great flowers to liven the place up." Jack agreed.

"What's this I hear about flowers?" Selena asked as she and Luke made their way towards the two. Jack and Ally smiled to see the pair.

"Well, well. The girl we wanted to see, and her bodyguard." Jack teased, as Luke had told him the story of how they had ran into each other at Half Moon City at some point.

"Hey, Uncle Jack, Aunt Ally. I got the veggies from Mary." Luke told them as he gave them the backpack filled with veggies. Jack nodded in acknowledgement.

"So, what was this about flowers again?" Selena asked. Ally smiled.

"Well, we were thinking that maybe you could help us out. We thought of maybe buying some flowers for decoration around the shelter, and we thought since you're a florist, that you might be able to help us by choosing the flowers and where they could go." Ally explained. Selena gave them a bright smile.

"I feel so honored that you would ask me. I'll make sure to bring the most beautiful flowers. Come on, Luke. We have a mission to get do." Selena said as she grabbed his arm.

"We? I don't know anything about flowers. What do you mean we?" Luke asked, but his words fell on deaf ears and Selena pulled him with her. Jack laughed at the sight and Ally giggled.