"Do you have any plans once this war is officially over?" Ahsoka asked.

Her and Rex were sitting up in bed, backs against the wall, cuddling.

Rex exhaled. "Not yet. I'm not sure if I want to leave the Army or stay in it. I was born to be in the military, heck, I was bred to do it. Part of me wants to stay, but the other part wants to see what's out there. The galaxy's large place with so many different opportunities."

"Yeah. I've been thinking about that, too. I mean, I'm a Jedi. I'm a keeper of the peace, but if I remain a Jedi, I'd still have to keep our relationship a secret. It's hard enough as it is, and I doubt we'd see each other much when the war ends."

"Mmm, that's what's also causing a conflict in me."

Ahsoka rose a face marking. "How so?" She asked.

"Like you said, we probably wouldn't see see each other much, and I miss you when I don't see you for a while. But possibly many months at a time? I'm not sure how I'd handle it."

"So... what should we do?"

Rex felt torn between his love and what he was made to do. Would it be bad to choose army life over his relationship? He thought so, but it wasn't that simple. He had a duty to the Republic, to his brothers and civilians. He was part of the backbone of the Republic, so no, it wasn't simple at all. Why was everything in life so difficult? Couldn't something be easy for once? "...I don't know." Rex finally said.

"Okay. Well, if I stay in the Order, I'm able to help keep the peace and save lives, but I won't see you much. If you stay in the Grand Army, you, too, would be saving lives. That's not something many people can say they do, save lives. It's a wonderful thing, but our relationship would be stretched. I guess I know why Jedi don't form strong attachments, but I don't regret the decision I made about being with you."

Rex placed a light kiss to her montral. "You better not regret it," he smirked.

Ahsoka chuckled softly. "It was the best decision I made. So, of course I don't regret it and I never will. But, Rex, I worry that the other Jedi could find out about us. What if they do?"

"Well, I don't know much about the Order, but you'd be kicked out, right? So once that'd happened, I could leave the army, you know, if that bill goes through and it wouldn't be treason..."

"Yeah, well, we'll find out tomorrow if it will. But if it does, what then?"

Rex shrugged. "I'm not sure. Things will change, that I know. But it could be a good change or a bad change, everything nowadays is so uncertain and confusing."

"Mm-hmm," Ahsoka glanced at her wrist chrono and sighed. "We should go to bed."

"We are in bed."

"Very funny. We should go to sleep."

Rex let out a small huff and kissed her montral again. "Okay." He said.

~

"Big news!" Anakin said with a large grin spreading across his face as he walked over to Rex. "Guess what?" He asked eagerly.

"What?" Rex deadpanned.

"Oh, come on. You can be more enthusiastic than that." But Rex kept a neutral expression. "You are kill-ing my mood, Rex. You're destroying it."