Chapter 10: Ordinary Day

Ordinary Day

"That was fucking scary.." Clint said and no one even Steve corrected his language.

"I'd rather fight thousands of aliens that this.." he continues.

While Natasha was staring unblinking at the heart monitor as she nods at Clint's words. Leaning back on the hospital wall. Her arms cross over her chest as if to calm down the shivers of adrenaline still coursing through her body.

"Peter.. my baby died.. my baby..."
Pepper was sobbing in Rhodey's arms and Rhodey who's shivering with fear as well after hearing the full story from Bruce. Pepper broke down and Rhodey could hardly keep himself together as well.

"Shh.. Pep, he's okay.. he's alive. No one is dead. Shh.."

Tony was just sitting there unmoving, holding his son's hand.

"The operation was a success.. it's just he loss too much blood already. He went into shock.. and.. well you all know what happened next." Helen said double checking Peter's stats and one last bag of blood for transfusion. The kid still a bit anemic from blood loss. She was still confused as to how the kid was still alive. After pronouncing him dead.. they already knew he's gone. But..

"Well.. it's a miracle to say the least.. maybe it's because your son is not a normal human. His healing might've delayed everything but it did worked eventually. I would want it to work not in the last minute but still.. he's back right? Thats all that matters.." Helen said and everyone just stayed silent. Still shaken up by what they all just witness.

They don't even know what to reply or even ask.

"Dad.." the gasp from everyone the moment they heard that voice was loud in the silent room.

"Pete.." Tony quickly leans in cupping his son's forehead. Pepper coming in next to Tony, holding his other hand that's laying over his chest.

Peter's eyes were unfocus.

Helen quickly check his eyes with a small flashlight and smiled at Tony and Pepper. She backs away leaving his Parents to check on him this time.

"Mom.. Dad..?" Peter's voice came out quietly but to their ears it was loud and clear enough. Just enough.

"Right here, hun." Pepper sobs as she kisses his son's hand.

"We're right here, kiddie." Tony says. Voice shaking.

"I saw.. May.. and Ben." Peter smiles a bit.. eyes blinking slowly.

"Bud.." Tony held back a sob but his tears streams freely down his already pale face. Shaking as he comprehend what his son's telling them.

"They.. They told me to come back.." Peter held tight onto Tony and Pepper's hands but his parents held tighter. Afraid to let go.

"You did well, hun. You did so good. You are back. You made it honey.. You made us so proud. So proud, sweetheart." Pepper said staring intently at her eldest. While her tears continuously fall one after the other.

"Hmm.. but.. I'm scared.."

"Shh.. you're okay. You're here. Don't go back there okay?" Tony begs. "It's so much better here, kid. So.. so don't ever go back there.. not ever. I'll show you that it's so much better here. There's no Tony Stark or Pepper Potts there Kiddie. No Avengers. No Uncle Rhodey, Clint, Steve not even Aunt Nat. You'll miss Sam's sarcastic jokes and Bruce lame science jokes that no one laughs at. Morgan will miss you so much kiddie. We'll miss you. I'll miss you.. too much that it might even kill me, Pete. So.. so don't go away. Don't you ever go somewhere I can get you back." Tony sobs again, wiping his eyes but he continue to try to compose himself, smiling at his son.