nine: whose girl is that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heartthrob of the projects, spandex and a hoodie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ada sighed as she stepped off of the school bus, sluggishly beginning to walk as she slung her backpack over her shoulder. She smacked her teeth as some middle school boys knocked into her as they ran past as the kids loaded off the bus.

She yawned a little as she ignored the yells and screams and teasing between kids as everyone began to walk either to home, part-time jobs, or just chill around outside. Either way, Ada was going to take her exhausted fifteen year old behind straight to her foster home and get a nap in before she had to clean. Her foster parent (which should probably be called her foster grandparent) was a strict heavyset elderly woman who prayed heavily and basically lived at church. Which was surprising since she was such a nasty woman when that Sunday hat came off, nagging and threatening any children living in her home. Ada didn't have time for her mouth if the demon came back to the house without it being vacuumed.

But first, she had to wait for the elementary school bus to arrive, which would be fifteen or twenty minutes later. She was responsible for getting Dezzy, a six year old who was also a foster child at Ada's current pit stop, off of the bus everyday.

She walked over to a brick wall that enclosed some very unkempt shrubbery and dead weeds and flowers. She hoisted herself up on it, taking a seat before she sat her backpack next her as she narrowed her eyes when she realized that a group of people were headed in her direction. She felt stupid, realizing she decided to sit right in front of the basketball court which was the hangout spot in the neighborhood. Ada sighed before unzipping her backpack and reaching a hand in, deciding to pretend like she was trying to find something so that she wouldn't have to look the kids in the face.

But she miscalculated whether the coast was clear while watching out of the side of her eye, and ended up catching the face of: Keyon Sears.

Keyon Sears was the finest boy in the neighborhood. He was also the "rawest". He was known for gang activity at only the age of 15. Tattoos on his arm that looked bootlegged since they were performed by one of his cousins who bought a kit from Amazon. His true religion pants sagged, his Bape shirt matching his new Jordan sneakers. He was that nigga.

So Ada would get absolutely red in the face whenever he would teasingly flirt with her. He'd come up to her locker whenever he decided to come to school, giving it a couple quick knocks with the back of his knuckle as he flashed a smile to her, making her smile small and blush, watching him goofily wreck havoc with his friends as they trekked down the hall.

Or when he'd randomly decide to just come up and talk to her. Of course she didn't speak back, and he'd come to just think that she was just a girl of few words. But, he still liked to jokingly taunt her about it, knowing it made her giggle and blush. Much like right now:

"I know you hot," he laughed and yelled over to her, referencing her black oversized hoodie she was wearing. Ada cocked an eyebrow before shrugging. She bit her lip when she realized he was now walking over to her. She placed her eyes on the grass until some freshly whitened air forces walked in her frame of view.

"I know you hot," Keyon repeated his statement, making Ada shrug once again. He gave a goofy grin, flashing the tooth gem on his teeth that was glued on with super glue by one of his homies the day before. "Imma fight you bro, why do you keep wearing that black outfit in the hot sun?"

Ada looked down at her black on black hoodie and biker shorts before squinting her eyes at him as he raised his fists up playfully. She was sure that her mimicking and putting her fists up as well would complete the flirting transaction that seemed to be happening. But her body nor her mind would accept that, so she just stared at him until he gently punched her knee and smiled as he looked her up and down.