eleven: babydoll.

"Don't touch the iron it's-"

Ada let out a scream before grasping her fingers, jumping up and down in pain, whiny crying ensuing.

"Hot. The iron is hot," Darius grumbled as he hurriedly grabbed his seven year old by the wrist, dragging her to the bathroom and turning the cold water on in the sink.

Ada wailed dramatically as her dad plunged her fingers into the rushing water,  feeling a slight sting with the contrasting temperature.

"What happened?" Anari asked, standing in the doorway of the bathroom as she examined the scene, her bookbag hanging from her shoulders.

"It burns, ow!" Ada cried, jumping a little and making water lap up onto her shirt, Darius grasping her a bit tighter so she would stop wriggling.

"I told you to stop fooling around the iron. Now look..." he shook his head as he pulled her hand from under the water, showcasing her now red and puffy hand. "Damn hand look like a hot potato."

His comment made Ada let out a short unwilling giggle through her cries. Ada looked into the mirror as her father dunked her hand back under the faucet, tears streaking down her cheeks seeing her father's concentrated face as he carefully tender to her burn.

Ada shook her head, getting out of her head and back into what she was doing before letting out a small groan as she held onto the ironing board. She sat the iron down safely before rubbing at her pelvis area. After firmly pressing around it and taking a small breath, she began to iron Cameron's shirt again.

Today was one of those days for Ada. Filled with nothing but aches and pains. But like always, she had to fend for herself. Even though Cameron was home, he had been prepping for a charity event that he needed to attend. Which is why Ada was trying to hurry and press his shirt for him, seeing out her peripheral as he was getting his facial hair groomed in the bathroom by his barber. Ada didn't know how much longer she could stand up, feeling her thighs throb in pain.

"Here's your shirt," Ada quietly muttered as she laid the turtleneck neatly on the bed. Cameron simply did a quick nod before continuing his conversation with his barber, holding his chin up as the clippers smoothed down his hairs.

She left out of the room to the livingroom and curled up on the couch, trying to soothe herself. She felt like she was going to throw up at any minute, and her bones felt pressured. Ada sat in there by herself while Cameron and his team occupied their bedroom.

But after a while, everyone migrated into the kitchen and living room as well. Winona reading out what was going to happen at the event with Cameron and Eden trying to find where they placed his accessories. Ada made sure to stay out of the way, seeing everything hectic.

When things seemed to be calming down, Ada walked to the kitchen where Cameron was standing, trying to fix his clothes. She stood next to him, gently tapping his arm.

"Cameron?"

"What?" he huffily asked as he glanced at her before refocusing on tucking his turtleneck into his pants and buckling his belt.

"My-... my hips hurt-"

"What?" he asked again, as he gave her a quick annoyed look, signaling she was speaking too quietly. She hurriedly lifted her volume.

"My hips hurt. And my back. Do you know if the heating pad came in the mail yet?" she asked since he was the one who checked the mail earlier.

"I don't know," he sharply answered without much thought as he buckled his belt.