chapter nine

[ a month passes by ] 

boruto's pov

after one month, really nothing has changed. mitsuki and sarada are still going strong, and i've left my friend group for the time being. 

i still hang with shikadai though. and partly inojin. i also blocked sumire. i haven't talked to sarada, and i really miss it. i'm doubting the whole 'we can't ignore each other forever' now. 

i've never seen sarada so happy and sad at the same time. 

"boruto?" i hear hima's voice. "can i come in?" she asks, opening the door anyways. she comes in with a plate of cookies, which really help when you're down. she narrows her blue eyes at me. 

"i'm not hungry. do you need something?" i ask. she tucks her hair behind her ear. "sarada made those for you." i grab a cookie off of the plate and eat it immediately. "oh. you actually believed it." 

"onii chan," she says in her sweet, we need to talk voice. i sit up, brushing the crumbs off of my hoodie. "i need you to tell me why you're like this." 

"like what? i'm perfectly normal." i lie, avoiding her blue eyes. "sure onii chan. it's normal to eat one meal a day, have perfect grades, wear practically a hoodie and sweatpants for who knows how long, ignore everyone else in our friend group, and only care if sarada's name is brought up."

"what's bad about perfect grades?" i ask, munching on another cookie. "nothing. except when it comes to you." she replies back, taking a seat next to me. "if it makes you feel better, sarada and her family are coming over tomorrow."

"what day is it again hima?" i say, pushing myself off the bed. "saturday?" she questions. "i didn't know you were that shaken up.. who was perfect grades yet doesn't know the day?" she half-laughs. i shrug. 

"c'mon onii chan." hima says, dragging me off of my bed. "i could've sworn you wore this outfit like, 2 days ago." she continues, forcing me to get out of my room. 

"that's cause i did." i snap back. "you're so gross. might as well hire sarada to get you back to normal." she adds. i walk down the stairs, almost tripping when she said that. "that'll just make her day worse. spending a day with me instead of her boyfriend? pshh." i mumble. hima's eyes perk up. 

"is someone jealouss?" she smiles, poking my cheek. "ooohhh, onii chan's jealouss.." 

"no, i'm just say-" 

"saying what?" i hear a soft, yet stern voice say. i look up to see a girl with dark black hair, a maroon hoodie and black shorts. the onyx eyes give it away. "sarada..?" 

author's note :

hey guys, mia here!

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series.

word count of the chapter : 449 

the tea is boiling hottt 

stay safe! i love you guys so much < 3