forty

i smile as i take another sip of my drink, the past three days have been so peaceful. i look out over the astronomy tower, dracos shirt hangs on my body and my blanket wraps around me keeping me warm. i've finished my book and started another one. i haven't heard from draco but it's not a big deal, he's enjoying his break just like im enjoying mine. my eyes light up as i see a small flake fall from the sky, snow. "enjoying the weather" i hear someone behind me and i jump.

i turn around and see theodore, draco's 'friend' from the other week. "what the fuck are you doing here" i say, standing up and wrapping the blanket around me tighter. "draco told me you were here. i thought i would come give you a visit" he says. "why the fuck would draco tell you i was here" i say and he shrugs "he was with some other girl, they seemed to be having fun" he says. what? "who" i ask and he shrugs "i had never seen her before. she was pretty, but not as pretty as you, elizabeth" he says. draco wouldn't do that. "its liz" i correct him and i try to walk passed him but he stops me "leaving already" he asks and i nod as i pull away. "fuck off, theo" i say as i make my way down the stairs.

*dracos pov*
"i just don't knwo what to get her" i sigh and pansy laughs "just get her anything" she shrugs. "no, i can't just get her anything. she said that when she saw the ring she immediately thought of me. it needs to be special" i sigh and she shakes her head. "already moved on, draco" i hear a familiar voice behind me. i turn to see theodore standing at the door, pansy looks at him, obviously checking him out. "what" i say and he laughs "Im sure elizabeth would love to hear that you're spending your holiday with a new girl" he says and i glare at him. "shut the fuck up, theodore" my fists clench and pansy steps up. "good thing i was about to visit the alures. i'll keep her company over her heartbreaking times" theo says "shes at he school, dumbass" pansy says and i look at her. "ah thank you" theo says and he walks passes me. "don't you fucking touch her" i say and he shrugs as he walks out.

"why would you tell him where she is, stupid" i say as i turn to pansy "im sorry. i was just-i dont know. don't fucking yell at me" she says and i roll my eyes. "i have to go make sure she's okay or i won't be able to sleep tonight" i sigh and she laughs. "see you later"

*elizabeths pov*
i sigh as i stare at the fire, right now the emptyness doesn't feel so freeing. it feels lonely. maybe i should go home, visit my mother. i can deal with my father. "elizabeth" i hear draco's voice and i look to see him in the door way. "what are you doing here, draco" i ask as i sit up "i had to make sure you were alright" he says and i laugh. "had to make sure i wasn't heartbroken over you being with another girl? i told you draco, do whatever the fuck you want. just don't expect me to be here afterwards" i scoff and he shakes his head. "you've got it all wrong, elizabeth. i was with pansy when we ran into theodore. i was shopping for you" he says and suddenly i feel stupid for being so gullible.

"oh. alright then. well, im fine, he didn't do anything" i shrug and he smiles "are you enjoying the break" he asks. "sort of boring but the weather is beautiful" i say, looking out the window at the snow. "come home with me, elizabeth" he says and i turn my head back to him. "please. i'll fix up the guest room if you would like but i'd rather you sleep with me. my mother is dying to meet you. we can spend christmas together" he says, trying to convince me and i sigh. "are you sure? because i'm fine here" i ask and he nods "yes, of course. besides, then i don't have to worry about theodore" he says and i laugh. "i'll wait out here while you pack some things" he says and i smile as i stand up. "by the way, love the shirt" he says, eyeing his clothes on my body.

*dracos pov*
"dont be nervous, she'll love you" i say as i grab elizabeth's shaky hand. she smiles up at me and takes a breath as i open the door. we step inside as she smiles as she looks around at the everything. "it's beautiful here" she says and i laugh. she pulls her jacket off and hangs it on a hanger. "mother i'm home" i yell and elizabeth looks at me. i pull elizabeth through to the kitchen, making sure not to let her see too much so i can give her a tour.

"draco, good your home i was just abou- oh" my mother stops as she turns around. elizabeth smiles as her and my mother delivers the same smile. "you must be elizabeth" she smiles as she steps to us, "yes, but please call me liz or beth" she shakes her head. my mother looks up at me and smiles "you are a beautiful girl, beth. i'm glad draco convinced you to come by" she says and elizabeth looks at me. "well actually, i was hoping she could stay for the rest of the break" i say and she smiles "of course. the more the merrier, especially during the holidays" elizabeth smiles.

"okay well, go ahead and give her a tour of the place. i'll start making dinner. lucius should be out soon but i know you've met him" my mother shrugs and elizaebeth nods "thank you again for letting me stay, mrs. malfoy." "please, call me narcissa" mother smiles and i have to hold in my grin. a sense of relief runs through me knowing that they've had a good first impression. "come on, i want to show you around" i say as i grab elizabeth's bag and she nods, grabbing my other hand.

*elizabeths pov*
draco takes me through the living area and the dining area, the ball room, the many many guest rooms, the bathrooms, and the greenhouse, before getting to his room. "and this is where you will be staying, with me" he says and i laugh "i haven't made up my mind on that yet." he looks down at me, both of us standing in the doorway of his room. he puts his hands on my hips and pulls me to him, kissing me. once he pulls away he looks down at me "you're staying with me. in my bed" he orders and i nod. "now, let's continue" he smiles and we both walk into his room.

the dark green walls make the room dim, along with the matte black furniture. he has two chairs sitting in the corner of the room with a small table in front of them. his desk is organized neatly and the chair is pushed in perfectly. the king sized bed is covered with silk green sheets and a black comforter. it's cleaner than most would expect from draco but seeing his room at hogwarts, im not surprised. the room smells of him, his wealthy cologne and speariment smell. i laugh as i walk over to the window and open the curtain to let in some sun. "i like it" i smile and he shrugs. i open the door to the bahtroom and it's as big as my room at school. there is a wide shower with a glass wall and tub big enough to be a hot tub. "are you thinking about how well i could fuck you in here? because i am" he says, leaning on the door way.

"draco! no" i laugh as i turn to him, "not with your parents here" i say and he shakes his head. "i'm not waiting that long if you're right beside me. they won't hear and if they do, so be it" he shrugs and i roll my eyes. "good luck trying to convince me" i say as i walk passed him back into his bedroom. "i don't think it'll take long. but right now there is one more place i want to show you" he smiles as he pushes himself off of the doorway. "another place" i laugh, yeah my home is big but this place is huge.

"yes, now come on" he says grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room. he walks me down the stairs and down a hall. we make it to two doors that are shut "what is this" i ask and he shakes his head. "i think you'll like it" he says as he opens the door. i smile as i walk inside, the walls are stacked high with books on shelves. the smell of the pages and ancient leather fills my nose. there's a fire place on the wall and a long couch surrounded by chairs. "this is amazing" i smile as i run my hand along one shelf of books. "there are books for everything in here, even from muggles. my father tried to fight it but he couldnt stop my mother" draco smiles proudly and i laugh. "come on, we can come back in here later. im sure dinner is ready" he says grabbing my hand and i nod as he pulls me out of the library.