seven

its been about a week and a half since the situation with draco. we've still been at each other's throat everyday. blaise has kept up with his daily compliments and draco makes sure to express how 'disgusting' they are. astoria and me are closer than ever and i haven't thought once about my parents.

"please tell me you're coming to the party tonight" astoria says as she runs up to me in the corridor. i laugh as i shrug "what party?" she groans as she rolls her eyes "hufflepuff party tonight. you can finally meet cam" she says and i smile. her and cam have been really close lately, hanging out almost every night but she says that haven't made it 'official'

"i'll come, don't worry" i say and she nods "thank you. i'll walk you there. i'll meet you at your room around seven" she says before running off again. i laugh as i shake my head and continue my walk to the slytherin common room.

i notice draco walking the opposite way as me and i roll my eyes. as we pass each other he sticks his foot out making me stumble. i gain my balance before i hit the ground and i groan. "watch your step, elizabeth. people are walking here" he laughs. he keeps using my real name because he knows how much it aggravates me.

"it's liz" i say and he scoffs "don't tell me what to say." i look at him and laugh "just letting you know what my name is since you seem to be struggling to understand" i say and he shakes his head before walking off. asswipe.

********

i smile as i look at myself in the mirror. the silk green dress fitting my body perfectly, showing off every curve it can. the spaghetti straps helping to show myself off. my hair in slight waves falls on my shoulders loosely. i grab my wand and put it in the strap on the inside of the dress.

i jump as i hear a knock on the door "come in" i say and astoria walks in. a skin tight red dress shows her body off. her hair is tied up and she has a bag on her side. "shit, okay" i say and she shakes her head. "i could say the same to you. i have someone im trying to impress, what about you" she says and i shrug "just trying to look nice" i say and she smiles. "well are you ready" she asks and i nod before we both walk out of my room.

astoria whispers the password to the hufflepuff common room and the painting swings open. the smell of firewhiskey fills my nose as we walk inside. a smile creeps onto my face, the music rings in my ears, the crowd is already huge and this thing has just started.

"there's cam" astoria says, she's leaned closer to my ear so i can hear her over the music. i look at where she is pointing, a tall guy with slightly curly hair stand at the other side of the room with a cup in his hand. "damn" i laugh and she nods "come on."

"astoria! hey" cam smiles as we make it to him. he hugs astoria and she looks as if she is melting. "hey, this is elizabeth" she says and i smile "call me liz" i say and he nods and sticks his hand out. "well hello, liz. astoria talks about you all of the time" he says and i shake his hand "she talks about you a great deal also" i laugh and astoria turns red.

"i'm going to go get a drink, do you want one" i ask and astoria nods. i smile as i weave through the crowd and make my way to the table. i pour myself a cup of firewhiskey and grab one for astoria too. i see blaise walking up to the table and i smile.

"liz, you're parents are here" he says and my heart drops. "what, why?" i ask and he shakes his head. "they are speaking to dumbledore-well yelling at him for letting you come here. your father looks pissed" he says and i sigh. "take this to astoria. tell her ill be back soon" i say and hand him her drink. he nods and walk away as i down mine.

i play with my hand nervously as i walk down the corridor to the great hall. i couldn't even go a full two weeks without them ruining it. im dreading finding out whats going to happen. they cant force me to leave can they? no...right?

"ELIZABETH ALURE" my father yells as i enter the great hall. my mother's gaze turns to me and they both start to storm over to me. dumbledore watches them as they finally get to me. "look at you, dressing like a slut" my father spits and i shake my head "father, please" i say and he scoffs. "you're coming home. now. you are not attending this school" he says and i look at him "i've already been here for a week. you can't make me leave now" i say and he shakes his head. "do not tell me what i can do. you've been here a week too long. i shouldn't have listened to your mother" he seethes and i look at my mom.

did she try and stick up for me? did she want me to stay here?

my mother gives me a sympathetic look before turning back to her usual cold look. "mr. alure im sure there is no need for her to leave" dumbledore says and my father turns around. "do not tell me how to parent my child. elizabeth, we're leaving now" he says and i sigh as my father grips my arm tightly. he drags me to the fireplace and my mother follows. i look at dumbledore, my eyes pleading for him to help me but he does nothing. my father throws the floo powder down and we arrive back at my house.

it's cold. silent. my father drags me out of the fireplace with his grip getting tighter. "you can't do this. let me go" i beg as i try to pull away. i look at my mother as my father drags me to a different room. "dont fight it" she says and a tear rolls down my face as the door shuts.

*dracos pov*
i heard about elizabeth having to leave the party early with her parents. serves her right, she doesnt belong at this school anyways. blaise told me im to harsh on her but shes a bitch that needs to learn some respect.

everyone's gone to sleep, im up sitting in the slytherin common room. i didn't feel like going to the part earlier so im not as tired as everyone else.

i hear something from the fireplace and i turn from my chair to see elizabeth walking from it. she has on a silk green dress that shows off her body perfectly, though one strap is hanging off of her shoulder and it looks as though the back is slightly ripped. tears roll down her face as her arms hug her body.

"cant handle a little fussing, elizabeth? pathetic" i scoff as she notices me. she walks up to me and slaps me again like she did the other day. i stand up, now towering over her. my body is filled with anger as i push her against the wall. she thinks she can just keep slapping me around. this is why she doesn't belong here, she doesn't understand that she is to respect the people that are better than her.

i push her wrists against the wall and she winces in pain. i tell myself to stop, that i shouldn't let her have this power over me to turn me into someone im not. i look down at my hands that pin hers to the wall. her wrists are bruised along with her arms. her knees are swollen and her legs are shaky. the little bitch went and got fucked.

i back away and she looks at me "run along, elizabeth. don't want anyone thinking i did this to you" i say and she rolls her eyes before walking up the stairs.

i cant help but think, she left with her parents blaise told me, yet she comes back looking like she just had a hookup gone wrong. what does it matter to me though? exactly, it doesnt. so i sit back down on the couch and sigh as i look out the window.