Chapter 4 (Lost time)

Juniper wasn't intentionally distancing herself, but she needed to process everything that had happened in the last 48hours.... and she had to process it alone. She had felt quite rude but she knew she needed some alone time, as soon as Newt had showed her the room she was staying in she had all but shut the door in his face, ignoring his disheartened expression. She didn't see any point in getting close to anyone or making friends, it would only make it harder when Nick finally got his own way.

Apparently due to lack of space she did unfortunately have to share the room with another Glader, and Glader just so happened to be Minho, but due to his running duties he was supposedly only around to sleep. Secretly Juniper found herself quite happy she had at least been paired with someone she knew to some extent even if her and the sassy runner got off to a rough start.

She had found herself leaning up against the door she had closed only minutes beforehand, Newt had told her that the builders were in the process of making her bed, so she decided to take comfort in the splinted wooden floor, sinking down onto her bum.

Finally getting time to process everything Juniper felt quite overwhelmed, after all a lot had happened in the last couple of days:

~ She woke up with no recollection of who she was

~Found out she was the only girl, surrounded by 30+ boys

~Tried to escape but instead got herself hurt

~Discovered she was in a maze with seemingly no escape

~And had already been threatened a number of times by the leader

Letting out a dry humourless chuckle she finally realised how utterly screwed she was deciding to allow herself a little time with her thoughts, How am I meant to build a life here? The leader hates me, I am the only girl and for all I know they could all be lying and planning on using me in some sacrificial ritual....

Shaking her head free of any over dramatic ideas that seemed to surface the girl took yet another deep breath and decided to drag herself over to the small window overlooking the Glade. Juniper decided in that moment, that she must've enjoyed being a people watcher before getting her memories wiped, as she found a great sense of familiarity wash over her as she overlooked the Glade and the people in it. She could see a group of boys messing around near a small shack to the far left of the Glade, squinting she noticed that it looked as if they were pushing each other around, rolling her eyes at their boisterous behaviour.

Averting her gaze she noticed a familiar limping boy making his way towards the Gardens, subconsciously she felt a smile tug at her lips. Now she was alone she could finally acknowledge the dull tugging she had felt at the back of her head when gazing into Newts eyes... he seemed, well familiar, in fact the whole Glade seemed familiar. This brought a pit of unsettled worry into the girls stomach, she had a feeling she should keep the feeling of familiarity to herself, not wanting to give Nick or anyone else anymore reason to hate her.

Juniper took a moment to glance around the room, once again letting her mind wander and her eyes zone out. There was a small bed in the far right corner with messy sheets, presumably Minho's, next to the bed was a fairly large makeshift set of drawers. At least I have somewhere to put my clothes, she thought before realising that the only clothes or items she even had were the clothes she was wearing. Letting out a frustrated growl Juniper lightly kicked the dresser.

'I'd prefer if you don't abuse my handy work' A voice piped up from behind her causing, whip lash to almost form from how hard she span around. Stood before her was a tall boy, with a rather muscular build and some of the most ridiculous eyebrows she had ever seen, but he had kind eyes.