𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Start from the beginning

She takes a step back at his words and feels a sharp ache spread in her chest. "It took you a year to realize that you cared about me?" She asks, her voice softer and quavery.

He brings his head back up and walks over to her, placing his hands on both sides of her cheeks. "Please forgive me, Cora. I don't want a mistake that I made to ruin our friendship. I'll gain back your trust, so please don't cut me off."

A tear rolls down her cheek and he immediately wipes the tear off with his thumb. He feels his eyes turn cloudy and she lowers her eyes to his shirt, not wanting to see his eyes get watery. He didn't deserve to make her feel bad for causing him to cry.

Her hands wrap around his wrists and she forces them down, his hands breaking contact with her cheeks. Shaking her head, she looks at him one last time before taking a step away from him. He grabs her wrist and pulls her towards him, wrapping his arms around her tightly.

A sob leaves her mouth as she places her hands on his abdomen, pushing herself off him. "Let me go." She says firmly and tries pushing herself away from him, but failing miserably at doing so.

"Let go of me!" She says louder this time and increases her strength into pushing herself away from him once he doesn't do as she says.

"She said to let her go, Warden. If I were you, I'd listen to her." The demanding voice behind them says, making Finn snap his head towards it.

Cora takes advantage of Finn's distraction and pushes herself away from him, this time succeeding at it. She looks at Finn and follows his stare, her eyes landing on the tall blonde haired boy. Her eyes snap back to Finn once she hears loud foot steps echo around the hallway.

"Shit." She whispers to herself before running over to Finn and wrapping her hand around his wrist. "Don't fucking hurt him, you'll get in trouble with Dumbledore."

Draco chuckles at her words and shakes his head. "Don't mistaken yourself, Boswell. I won't be the one who gets hurt, he'll be the one."

"You were the one who fucking told her, weren't you?" Finn spits, making Draco smirk at his words. "You fucking scumbag." He reaches for his pocket and briskly takes his wand out, point it at him.

"Finn, what the fuck?!" Cora places her hand inside the pocket of her cloak and wraps her fingers around her wand, rapidly taking it out and pointing it at Finn. "Expelliarmus!"

The wand flies away from Finn's hand, a grunt leaving his mouth because of it, and he swings his arm towards Draco with his fist clenched. Cora squints her eyes thinking that Finn's fist made contact with Draco's face, but her eyes open completely once she notices that wasn't the case. Draco had somehow managed to dodge Finn's fist.

"Is that all you got, Finn? C'mon you can do better than that." Draco challenges him, earning him a dirty look from Cora.

"Finn, just leave him alone and go to your common room! Things will just get worse if you continue this." Cora says desperately.

"Stay out of this, Cora." Finn says before raising his arm and colliding his fist with Draco's cheek. This time he didn't miss.

Draco chuckles as he places his hand over his cheek, roughly massaging it as he looks back at Finn. He runs his tongue over his teeth as he shakes his head before swinging his arm towards Finn's face, making Finn take a few steps back.