Battle at Blight manor

Start from the beginning

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." I argue. "Now come on." I grab Lilith's arm and pull her towards the basement where I hope Amity is being held.

Nick POV
I threw a knife at Alador which hit his hand and interrupted him drawing a spell circle. I closed the distance and punched him in the gut.

He doubled over in pain and then I grabbed him by the side of the head and slam it into the wall. I follow up with a kick to the torso and send him skiing backwards. As he hits the ground I try and close the distance again but he draws a quick spell circle and an abomination hand emerges from the ground and goes to attack me. I draw my long knife I slash at the abomination and it gets destroyed by the attack.

However, Alador had already gotten back onto his feet and drew more spell circles and more abomination hands as well as vines erupted from the ground and walks and held me in place by my limbs, sending my knife clattering to the ground. There were two abomination hands holding my legs and vines restricting my hands by my wrists.

"Wow Alador." I smirk. "I didn't know you were into bondage."

"Oh shut it Nick." He spits. "Don't you realise the gravity of the situation you're in."

"Oh Cmon Al." I tease. "You know that this is part of my charm.

Alador furrows his brow in annoyance as he draws a spell circle and places his hand in the centre of it. Lightning erupts from his hand and it connects with my torso.

A burning agony shoots through my body and I grunt in pain. I do my best to not let my pain show, only a handful pained grunts escaping me.

After about a minute Alador stops the attack and I slump in my restraints and pant heavily out of exhaustion. "Do you understand now Nick?!" He asks angrily.

I pant a few more times before forcing my head up to meet my former lovers' eyes. "That all you got in ya?" I smirk. "I was more exhausted after just spending the night with you."

At this his eyes burn with unrivalled fury as he draws another spell circle, this one twice as large, and fires another spell using both hands. From the spell circle a mixture of fire and lightening erupts forward and come crashing into my body.

I strain against the vines in pain but they keep me from moving at all. I let out an agonised scream that echoes through the halls. But despite feeling the draw of unconscious taking hold I force myself to stay awake, to endure the pain, he can't keep this up forever. His magic may fill me with excruciating pain. But when you spend 6 years as soldier and five years as a mercenary...

Pain is something you learn to live with.

Willow POV
Me, Gus and the twins were at the back of the manor. There were 5 emperors coven guards keeping watch. There were 3 stationed in the ludicrously large garden and 2 keeping watch on the roof.

We were waiting for the right opportunity to cause a distraction when we suddenly hear a lot of commotion going on at where Luz, Eda and Nick were.

"I'm guessing Luz didn't stick to the plan." Gus jokes.

"Can we really be surprised at this point." Edric adds.

"Well what do we do now?" I ask the group but Edric and Emira look at each other a smirk that tells me things are about to get very hectic.

"We do what we do best." Em begins before her and Ed finish the sentence simultaneously while drawing spell circles. "We cause some trouble."

From their spell circles fireworks fly into the centre of the garden and gets the attention of all the guards. Edric and Emira then summon a handful of clones and run out of our hiding spot and start making an absurd amount of noise.

The guards spot us (obviously) and begin doing their best to apprehend us however to my surprise the twins are impressively illusive.

Edric rolls behind one of the soldiers and pulls his cloak over his mask so he can't see. As the guard struggles to clear his vision Emira decks him in the face and he falls to the ground unconscious.

The two other guards on the ground begin rushing towards the twins but I make use of all the vegetation in the garden to take out the attackers. I draw a spell circle and suddenly all the flowers between the guards and the twins grow to an abnormal size and block their path.

As the guards goes to destroy the plant I cause it to eject pollen right into his face and he stumbled back. They go tumbling blindly into their partner and Gus crouches down directly bending their legs. Using his small size to his advantage and trips up the guards and they land flat on their backs and I summon a bunch of vines that cover their bodies and hold them to the ground.

The two soldiers stationed on the roof finally are able to reach the ground but they are met with Edric and Emira drawing a large spell circle and blasting magic at one of them, hitting him square in the torso and he flies into the wall and he falls to the ground. The other guard is then overwhelmed by Gus and his clones who jump on his and beat him until he falls unconscious.

"Not bad you two." The twins say to me and Gus as they dust themselves off from their fight.

"Same thing could be said for you." I respond and they smile.

"Well, shall we?" Emira says gesturing to the back door. Me and Gus look at each other and nod and we enter blight manor.

Luz POV
Me and Lilith cautiously make our way down the stairs to the basement. The air is cold and devoid of life. The walls are grey and lacking any expression. The basement doesn't share the same expressive richness of the manor, it doesn't have expensive furniture or paintings that exist to exaggerate the status of the Blights. This place doesn't need to exaggerate itself, it was never meant to be seen.

When we finally emerged into the main part of the basement I notice a large number of bookshelves lining the walls. There was a table that had an assortment of potions that had very ominous liquids residing in them.

I scan the room until my eyes fell upon a girl with green hair chained to a wall, slumped against her restraints.

"Amity!" I yell as I run to her.

"This isn't right." Lilith says quietly but I ignore and rush to Amity, shaking her, trying to get her to wake up.

"Where's Zoe?" Lilith asks as I pull Amitys head up so she's facing me and her eyes open.

I gasp as I fall back, her eyes are burning red, the same burning red as the symbol on Zoe's neck. "She's in her head." I answer Lilith's question.

"She must be altering her memories directly in the mind." Lilith explains.

"You have to send me in there!" I beg Lilith, grabbing her cloak. Desperation in my voice.

Lilith looks surprised as she looks at me. "Luz I cannot."

"Yes you can!" I continue. "Eda was able to send me in Willow's mind so you can do the same."

Lilith paused for a moment. "If Zoe is in there and something happens to you" but I interrupt.

"If we do nothing then Amity will lose these memories forever and her parents will get what they want!" I plead.

Lilith sighs. "Fine." She looked at me seriously. "But if things get ugly in there ring the bell." Lilith summons the same type of bell that Eda gave me when I went into Willow's mind.

I nod my head as Lilith begins casting the spell and instead of a golden light this time it's blue like the rest of Lilith's magic.

I take a deep breath as I enter Amity's mind.