"Listen, I know I'm not the wisest or experienced chap, but I really think we should find a shelter for the night," I spoke, in a low tone, after having remained quiet for quite a while. We hadn't spoken much, mostly because I figured she needed some time to mourn the loss of a friend. Surprisingly, she didn't seem all that sorrowful — at least not on the outside, a quality I couldn't help but admire. If it were me, I'd bawl my eyes out until I went blind.

"Oh, definitely. Let me check Trivago, to see if there are any hotels around," she answered promptly, making me exhale deeply.

I suppose she was one of those feisty creatures who use sarcasm to veil agony. That being said, jokes aside, if I turn into some wild creature's thanksgiving dinner, it's going to be this lassie's fault.

"What do you think I'm doing?" She further questioned, knitting her brows at me. "We've got to find a tree that's high enough. There are tigers in here, that can climb trees."

Now that there, was a fact that I had completely forgotten. I gladly accepted it when God gifted cockroaches the ability to fly — but tigers and climbing trees? That's just cruel.

"You look like you are shitting bricks," Ashley commented, a chuckle escaping her lips.
Of course, I was. "Climb up!" She added, gesturing towards a huge banyan tree.

"What about you?" I asked, taking in the last few seconds of her angelic face, before nightfall.

"I'll follow. Ladies first."

I chuckled in response, proceeding to grasp hold of a couple low branches and propelling myself against gravity.

It had been