Chapter 64: We'll get through this together

Start from the beginning

"Remus wanted to show him to you so badly!" Tonks said.

"Oh hey Tonks!" Ann said.

"Co-could I!?" she asked Remus if she could hold Teddy.

"He doesn't like anyone carrying him but yeah sure!" Remus said handing him over to Ann.
Ann took him into her arms so delicately. She started talking the 'baby talk'. She was so happy speak to him, though she wasn't actually speaking to him. I smiled seeing her so happy.

"Hey Fred!" Remus said. "Hey Fred!" Tonks said together.

"Hey Remus, Tonks!" I said.

"How are you!?" Remus asked.

"With her with me! What could ever go wrong!? I completely fine! Except when she is the problem!" I said with a smile. Remus was about to say something when we heard a hitting sound. We saw it was Teddy. He was smiling and hitting Ann's cheek with both his hands. Ann too was smiling.

"Teddy dear! That's no way to behave with Auntie Ann!" Tonks said.

"Auntie!?" Ann and I asked.

"Yeah!" Remus said.

"You don't have to call me Auntie Ann! Ann is enough isn't it! Isn't it!?" she said smiling as she spoke to Teddy. He began hitting her harder as he smiled.

"Teddy!" Remus said.

"It's okay Remus!" Ann said rocking Teddy.

"I have never seen him so happy with someone else other than me and Remus!" Tonks said.

"You know Ann, you'd make a great mother!" Remus said. Ann's smile suddenly faded. She even stopped rocking Teddy.

"Ann!?" I said.

"I'm sorry!" she said handing over Teddy to Remus and she walked into the washroom. I knew she was crying.

"What did I say wrong!? I only said she'd make a great mother!" Remus said looking at me.

"She's just scared about the war...and worried what would happen to me if something happened to her" I said.

"Oh! I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to..." Remus was telling.

"It's okay Remus! You didn't know! She too knows she can't do anything about it but I can't stop her from crying!" I said getting out of bed.

"She's just a child after all! She has all rights to be scared!" Tonks said rocking Teddy.

"Yeah!" I said walking towards the washroom. "Hey Ann! Come on! Come out!" I said knocking at the door.

"We'll give you both some time!" Tonks said and they went out.

"Ann!" I said. She didn't say anything. "Come on! I know you're in there!"

"Yeah yeah! Just give me two minutes!" she said.

"Okay!" I said and went back to the bed and began making the bed. I finished making the bed and she came out.
"Everything will be fine Ann! You don't have to worry about anything!" I said, reassuring her.

"Don't tell me you aren't worrying! You just don't show it when you are with me that's all!" she said.

"I'm always with you!" I said with a smile.

"That's not what I meant! That day...you told you would be pulling off the riskiest...risk! The one which was a gamble on our lives!" she said.

"How did you...you were asleep!" I said.

"That's where you are wrong my dear husband!" she said kissing me on my cheek.

"You...I...how...I thought you were asleep!" I said. I didn't know what to tell.