Chapter One: First Encounter.

Jungkook really wished he hadn't let Hoseok talk him into this.

Chasing after someone that clearly didn't want to talk to him. If he did, most likely, this pretty boy would have stayed back until after his performance to do just that. But no, he disappeared almost immediately after Jungkook finished. The message was clear, yet here he was, wandering the streets, late at night and looking for said pretty boy. A soft sigh escaped between Jungkook's thin lips as his booted feet came to a stop. Looking around the empty streets, he raised a hand to rub at the side of his head, running his fingers through his messy dark hair as he shook his head right after and glanced down.

"What are you doing Jungkook? Are you that desperate?" Jungkook muttered to himself.

It wasn't like he couldn't get any if he really wanted it, but he was tired of cheap one-night stands that didn't leave him satisfied. Clearly, this pretty boy had some taste or at least an actual appreciation for his music. Since Jungkook came to this city, first started playing and singing at Hoseok's bar, this mysterious beauty had been there. Jungkook had figured out that he must be a local, but he never saw the other outside of the bar. He was almost like a ghost. Realizing that this was a pointless attempt, Jungkook decided he should head back to the bar and just sleep off his disappointment. Jungkook turned around, unaware of the eyes watching him curiously from the shadows. Jimin wasn't sure what he was doing. Seokjin had told him to come straight back after, but when he noticed that Jungkook left and seemed to be following him he wanted to know why. It was possible he was assuming too much, but Jimin was fairly sure that Jungkook lived at that bar with the owner. Jimin tilted his head, watching as Jungkook seemed to be having some kind of conversation with himself judging from his words. A small smile crossed Jimin's plump lips as he slowly followed the other along the building rooftops, keeping his distance. Humans were so interesting to him, but especially this one. Jungkook reached in his pocket, pulling out a carton of cigarettes. He tapped it against his palm before sliding one out and freeing it between his lips as he traded the craton for a lighter, pausing in his steps to light it. Jimin lowered down, watching the other from above. Jimin's nose wrinkled a bit. He hated the smell of those things. But something caught Jimin's attention and he turned his head quickly, a soft growl leaving his throat. Jungkook glanced up when he heard a sudden sound at the end of the street. Jungkook blinked, waiting a moment and seeing nothing before he returned to his attempts to light his cigarette until he heard something again. Jungkook glanced up but still saw nothing. His brows furrowed as he pulled the unlit cigarette from his mouth and took a few cautious steps forward as he looked around slowly.

"Hello?" Jungkook called out but was answered with silence. "Is someone there?!"

Jungkook waited, but still no response. Frowning, he closed his eyes and shook his head. Maybe it was his conversation with Hoseok that had him a bit on edge, those animal attacks lately. He decided to forget the cigarette and just get his ass back to the bar. Walking forward, he only got a few steps before a low growl caught his attention and startled him still. Jungkook's eyes widened slightly as he stared forward and then he saw it. Something massive, maybe the size of a car, stepped out from the alleyway. Long, sharp claws clicking against the sidewalk pavement as it let out soft growls with each step. Jungkook swallowed, frozen as the creature stepped into the view of the streetlight and Jungkook recognized a sight that threw him for a loop. It was a wolf. A big fucking wolf. The dark grey colored wolf turned its attention on Jungkook as it let out a dangerous growl and snap of its jaws towards him.

"You have to be shitting me." Jungkook whispered, keeping himself still, but not sure what to do.

The wolf turned to fully face him and that was when Jungkook saw it, the fresh blood that seemed to coat its snout and frown paws. The hackles on the beast's back stood up as it lowered its head and seemed to be preparing for a charge. Jungkook had to be seeing things, he was just tired right? There was no way this was real. The wolf let out a snap before it charged forward and it was like something snapped in Jungkook, call it survival instinct but he quickly turned and took off like lightning down the street. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK. Was all Jungkook could think, glancing back and seeing the massive wolf easily catching up to him. There was no way this was an ordinary wolf. Jungkook barely got around the corner and dodged the lunge of the beast as it slid and knocked into some trashcans, knocking them over along with the contents. Jungkook had hoped the noise would draw some attention but the city suddenly seemed empty. Jungkook turned another corner but found himself face to face with a dead end. Jungkook stood there, panting as he shook his head. He tensed when he heard a feral snap behind him and he quickly turned, pressing his back against the wall as he saw the large wolf at the end of the alleyway, he'd trapped himself in. Jungkook swallowed thickly, trying to press himself up against the wall as much as he could. This couldn't be real. The wolf slowly stalked towards him, baring its teeth before licking its lips. Jungkook looked around for anything he could use as a weapon but saw nothing. Just as he turned his attention back to the wolf, a soft floral scent suddenly caught his attention. At a time like this? It was then that someone jumped down in front of him, putting themselves in between him and this wolf. It took Jungkook a moment to recognize this person, it was the pretty boy from the bar. Jungkook's eyes widened in confusion and alarm. Jimin slowly stood up, opening his eyes as they flashed that bright blue that showed off the presence of his wolf. The large grey wolf seemed to stop, lifting its head as it stared at Jimin. Jimin growled in warning at the other, baring his fangs even in his human form.

"Back off. This one is mine. Unless you want the Alpha to know what you've done, get lost." Jimin said, his voice low and threatening.

The wolf seemed to hesitate but lowered its ears and slowly backed up before shooting Jungkook a glare and turning to run off. Jungkook let out the breath he'd been holding in as he slumped against the wall. Somehow, he'd survived that? Jungkook turned his attention to Jimin's back as he swallowed.

"H – How did you do that?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin closed his eyes, giving his wolf a moment to calm down before he turned to face the other, a slight frown on his lips as he slowly opened them to reveal the normal chocolate brown hues.

"What are you doing out here alone at this time of night?" Jimin asked, a scowl on his face that Jungkook couldn't help but find cute even in a moment like this.

"What am I doing!? What are you doing!? And what the fuck was that thing!?" Jungkook shot back, glaring a little at the other.

Jimin frowned, glancing down and suddenly Jungkook felt like a jerk. Jimin had just saved his life. Even if he wasn't sure how the other did it. Jungkook closed his eyes, sighing as he raised a hand and placed it against his face.

"Look, I'm sorry, I just, fuck, I thought I was dead." Jungkook said.

"If I hadn't stopped him, you would have been." Jimin said, glancing at Jungkook.

Being this close to the other, Jimin was reminded how attractive he found the human. Jungkook stood up slowly, meeting Jimin's admiring gaze with an unknowing one of his own. There was a moment of silence between them before Jimin turned to leave and Jungkook reacted without thinking. He reached out, grabbing Jimin's arm to stop him and earning a sudden glare which caused him to quickly release Jimin.

"W – Wait!" Jungkook said, raising his hands in apology, "I – I don't even know your name."

"Why do you need my name?" Jimin asked, frowning.

"I mean, you saved my life?" Jungkook said.

"And?" Jimin said, glancing to the side a little.

"And...you come to my performance every night." Jungkook said, lowering his arms.

Jimin's cheeks turned a slight shade of red, the floral scent around them suddenly got stronger Jungkook noticed and he wondered if it was coming from Jimin. Whatever perfume the other was wearing, it was lovely.

"I – I like the music." Jimin said, clearly flustered.

"Just the music?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin's eyes widened, quickly turning his head to look up at the other as if he'd been caught with his hands in the cookie jar like a child.

"I – I don't know what you are talking about! Just go home already!" Jimin said, quickly turning to run but again Jungkook stopped him.

"At least tell me your name!?" Jungkook said, his voice desperate. "...and what the hell that thing was and how you stopped it from killing and eating both of us."

Jimin tensed, keeping his back to Jungkook despite the other's light hold on his arm. Jimin closed his eyes, he knew he shouldn't. He was crossing a line. Seokjin and Yoongi would be furious when they found out, but he couldn't help it. Jimin slightly turned his head, face still flushed as his half-lidded gaze settled on Jungkook.

"M – My name is...Jimin." Jimin said, frowning. "...and I can't tell you more than that. Now, go home."

Jimin said, easily pulling his arm free and quickly taking off. Before Jungkook could say anything else, the other was gone. Jungkook stood there in a bit of shock before his arm dropped to his side and he frowned, lowering his eyes.

"Jimin." Jungkook said, repeating the name to himself before he glanced up towards the sky overhead.

Why did it feel like he just stepped into a world he didn't belong in?