𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Start from the beginning

Rose Magazine Headquarters was somewhere that you had dreamed of working since you were a little girl. You remember waking up early on the last Saturday at the end of each month, grabbing your bicycle to cycle down to the local grocery store to get next month's issue before they flew off the shelves. You'd spend hours browsing through the latest fashion trends and shoots, celebrity interviews and even rip out a few pages to put in a scrapbook.

         Being offered a job of a fashion editor had to be one of your biggest achievements to date. Your younger self wouldn't believe what a twenty four Y/N was working at one of the most renowned magazines that Paradis City had ever known.

Situated on the ground floor of the headquarters' building leading out onto the bustling street, Captain Levi's was your go to spot for your daily awakening of coffee.

         No one brewed coffee as good as Hange, and the owner, Levi himself, made a killer cup of tea whenever you had the pleasure of sitting inside.

"Good morning, Y/N! Your usual?" Hange grinned from ear to ear at one of her favourite customers, preparing your usual order already. She was always her usual cheery and enthusiastic self, even at nine in the morning. It was an attitude that you aspired to have. It was a drag to get yourself out of your bed most mornings, especially since the other side was empty most days.

         You took out your discount card out of your oversized lemon yellow handbag and smiled back. "You know it, Hange. It seems like today out of all days, I need it stronger than usual. A double shot, please."

"He still isn't home?" Hange frowned from where she dosed ground coffee with the portafilter. "I'm on it. As our motto goes; we're humanity's strongest coffee!"

         The topic of your boyfriend made you all flustered since today was your two year anniversary and you hadn't heard from him yet. He was always so timely with important events as big as this, waking up early in the mornings just for you.

It didn't seem to be the case today, since he was so busy travelling for work.

         To distract yourself from him, your eyes scanned the display cabinet to where you had bought a delicious raspberry and white chocolate scone the other day. To your surprise, three quarters of what was normally full was empty.

The sound of footsteps coming out from the back of the coffee shop awoke you from your little daze.

         "Good morning, Y/N," Levi brushed off the remaining flour from his usual white apron. "Oh, Sasha stopped by not long ago. She was immensely excited for your first day upstairs. She nearly bought all of the whole baked goods to bring up to her office, not that today is the first time. Our biggest fan, yet I'm concerned about her maintaining a balanced diet..."

That's what you thought, it wasn't hard to figure out where Sasha had been. You had known her since your college days, being blessed with such an incredible friend as your dorm mate. You had stumbled into the dorm completely starved from your four hour car journey and she accepted you as a friend with open arms and offered you her snacks. That's all it took and the rest was history.

She was the one who told you to go for the job. It meant an eye opening opportunity for you and as for her, who wouldn't love their best friend working in the same place as them.

"Oh, Sasha," You shook your head, but in a sentimental way. "Ah, and speaking of the job, any advice on how to impress the big boss? From what I gathered from Sasha, the head editor in my department is Erwin Smith. Any pointers on how to impress him?"