"OLIVER!!" Kaylen practically yelled, getting a hiss from Madam Pince.

"Sorry I—" Oliver tried to apologise but Kaylen opened her mouth first.

"Just stop talking... please." her voice had spoken croaked and broken.

Oliver's eyes widened when he saw the tears welling on the girl's eyes.

What in the world did I just do?, he thought.

"Kay, what wrong? Did I do something—"

"Stop. Just stop. I need to—" Kaylen was trailed off by the sniff escaping her lips.

"Kaylen, I... what's wrong?" Oliver asked, standing up. He didn't know what he did or what's wrong with what he said. He couldn't comprehend on what made her suddenly emotional.

Kaylen packed up her stuff, and ran off the library, keeping the tears on her eyes from threatening to spill down.

She didn't wanna go through this again. She doesn't wanna explain the story again, especially not to Oliver. The boy loved quidditch so much.

She can't. No matter what Liana said. She just couldn't.

She ran out, leaving Oliver dumbfounded and full with thoughts.

Oliver didn't know what he did to cause her cry. He only talked about quidditch. And seeing Kaylen that way for the first time sting pain in his heart.

He cared for her. And he didn't want to be the reason for her sorrows. So he did the very first thing that came in his mind that he thought was accurate.

Oliver immediately gathered his stuffs, shoved it in his school bag, and running out the library to catch up with her, not even bothering to give the irritated Madam Pince a 'sorry'.

"Kaylen!" he called through the corridors.

She couldn't have gone far, he thought. And when he saw a glimpse of a blonde hair, he quickly shoved away crowd of students from the hallways to get to her, muttering multiple 'excuse me' and 'sorry'.

Oliver stopped in tracks when he heard distant sniffs. He turned to his side, silent sobs echoed from the marble spiral staircase.

He took a step, seemingly no one was around. Fair enough, it was lunch time.

"Kaylen?" he squeaked out, as he heard the sniffs getting louder to his hearing.

"Kaylen—" he stopped when he saw the girl crouched inside one of the windowsill, crying.

She held her legs closer to her chest and placed her head on her knees as she let out quiet sobs.

Oliver's heart broke. He slowly approached the girl, carefully. Afraid that he would break her more if he didn't.

"Kay.." he muttered, his voice laced with worry and sympathy, as he took a seat across her in the windowsill.

Kaylen's head slowly shot up as she wiped the tears from her cheeks, and put her legs down, giving Oliver more space to sit in.

But the windowsill was a bit small in space so their knees have brushed pass against each other by the proximity.

"what's wrong Kay?" he asked the girl.

She focus her gaze down her shoes, a visible frown painted on her face. She wasn't ready, but he deserves answers.

"Hey.." Oliver muttered softly, as he cupped her cheeks and wipe away the tears that prickled down her pale grey storming eyes.