09 | Unplanned events

Start from the beginning

Just now something clicked in his head, as if someone had flicked a switch. He remembered how during one of their training sessions he asked the omega to shift so they could show off their fighting skills. Taehyung dismissed his idea almost instantly, saying that he should be focusing more on his human form rather than the second one. Back then Jungkook didn't understand his words, but now he had a clearer notion.

"And now you can't shift? At all?" Jimin asked, looking at him in disbelief as he tried to contemplate with the given information.

Taehyung snorted, then rolled his eyes and pushed his shoulders backwards to straighten his position. "What is so hard to understand?" his expression went from dead to judgmental, and finally landed on disgust.

They stare at one another, caught between the earth's heartbeats for a fraction of a moment. Then the alpha gave a snort of disbelief.

"No one will accept an omega who can't even shift. The head alpha will throw you out of the pack before – "

"My father won't lay a finger on him." Jungkook's irises blazed a fiery yellow, his eyes so saturated it almost looked like they were made completely from gold as he turned his gaze towards Jimin.

The short boy wanted to fight back, wanted to challenge the younger, but he couldn't bring himself to speak up, to stand up to Jungkook. Despite them being of the same rank the younger had always had a natural advantage over other alphas, blessed with the innate trait of being a natural born leader, capable of a bit more than the typical wolf.

And Jimin could sense this now, so he turned his gaze down, unwillingly submitting to the younger.

Even Taehyung, who was usually the most composed and hard to tame, was a bit shaken up from the sudden wave of dominance that washed over him.

"Jungkook." The omega's voice broke through the blind rage clouding Jungkook's mind, his soft tone helping to get through to him for once. The nervousness hidden behind the syllables of his tone snapped the logical side of Jungkook awake, realizing he had just lost control of himself over a simple jab.

The alpha ran a frustrated hand through his jet-black hair, pushing his bangs off his face and screwing his eyelids shut, releasing a gruffy hum. "Sorry." He muttered out.

A heavy silence rested in the air, squeezing at their throats.

Jungkook dragged his sight away from the smooth expense of silky robe and up to Taehyung's face to meet a pair of deep blue bedroom eyes giving him a similar once-over. "But if there were a chance for you to come, would you do it?" he decided to push his luck a little further, past the borders.

Taehyung was struck speechless for a few moments as the alpha watched him expectantly. "I might – "he began carefully. "But then I'll want you to bring me back here."

Jungkook nodded his head curtly, charging his gaze across the room and stopping on Jimin. "How long is it going to take to reach the pack by foot?"

The other alpha looked at him through his thick eyelashes, he was deeply skeptical about the idea of going back to the pack by foot. "Weeks, Jungkook. It'll take weeks before we get back there." He informed, causing the hopeful smile on Jungkook's face to drop completely.

"Then I'll just have to carry Taehyung to the pack." The youngest of them all said with a casual shrug of his shoulders, the omega's eyes widening comically.

"O-on your back?" Taehyung scanned him from head to toes, seriously doubting the idea.

"We'll take breaks, of course." Jungkook added, though he didn't seem to be very convincing because the suspicious look remained on their faces.