Prologue

Branches snapped under the girl’s feet. As the girl breathed hard into the cold night air she could see her breathe forming puffs of mist. She could hear her blood and heart pounding in her ears as she ran. The girl looked behind her and saw a sleek figure run into the shadows. A scream caught in the girls throat only aiding in making her run faster. She could hear his soft, low, evil laughter. The blood was rushing in her ears making her hear roaring. The girl sprinted in the woods gaining cuts and scratches from the assaulting branches.

However, she paid no mind to it and her terror kept her running. The girl stumbled a bit when her foot caught in a tree root and she began to sob. The girl was becoming clumsy as she ran and he knew it. She could hear his breathing close by, almost as though he was right next to her. Tears poured out her eyes making her blind and even more clumsy. He began to sing tauntingly as he watched her struggle through the woods. She screamed at the top of her lungs begging someone to help her, to save her.

This only gained for him to laugh more and harshly.She could hear water now, she was beginning to have some hope but she heard his voice and she could tell it was closer than before. The girl risked a look back and regretted it immediately. He was there behind her only a few feet away, walking casually.

He looked at her with cruel, laughing, cold eyes. She tripped on a rock and fell, letting out a cry. She tried to get up but fell, gasping, holding her ankle as it throbbed in pain. She began to feel anxious and pulled her self along the ground clawing at it. She stopped and began to sob she knew it was no use. The girl heard the almost silent footsteps come walking to her slowly. She began to tremble in terror and cried quietly, praying for mercy. She turned around and looked up into his cold, purple eyes as he loomed over her for a second the reached for her. A scream emitted from the woods and the birds flew cawing in aggravation. The sun was rising over the treetops and looked as though it was bleeding.