008: Sasha Banks x Female Reader

Start from the beginning

     "Don't sell yourself short." Monika said, looking over at her best friend. Sasha shrugged in response.

     Monika liked her, like, really liked her. There was no other logical explanation... but how would Sasha feel? The question lingered in her mind unsolved for so long, it made her self-conscious. She was never able to build up the courage to ask her if she felt the same way. She didn't want to risk losing her best friend over a stupid crush.

     When they graduated high school, Monika tried countless times to get rid of those feelings, burying them deep, hoping that one day she might even forget, but nothing ever seemed to work. They would always return.

     One summer, Monika even tried to leave town and get as far away from those feelings as possible, but to her luck, her car broke down and she had no one else to call.

     Now, Monika was falling all over again–as if the feelings never left in the first place–and much faster than anticipated.

     Once the car slowed to a stop and the engine shut off, Sasha leaned forward, looking beyond the steering wheel. Monika could see the conflict in her best friend's expression. As they sat quietly for a moment, allowing Sasha to regain herself, Monika twiddled her thumbs, unsure of what to say. If only she had asked Sasha what she was so concerned about, she would be able to connect with her.

Sasha ripped her keys from the ignition suddenly, "I–" she takes a deep breath, "–I wish it didn't matter so much to me. I wish I could just brush it off or forget about it, you know?"

Monika nods her head in response. Her heart catches in her throat knowing that these words reciprocated her own feelings for years, the constant urge to conceal her emotions. "I know..."

"It just sucks." Sasha groaned as she steps out of the car, slamming the door behind her. Gathering herself and her belongings, Monika sighed and exited the passenger's side.

     The parking lot is eerily still; their footsteps being the only sound to echo against the darkness. The weather was mild, enjoyable rather, accompanied by a light rainfall. "Hold up." Monika called out as she fumbled the items in her small purse in search of her apartment keys.

As Sasha's roommate and best friend, Monika intended to be as respectable as possible. She was to never stray further than the line that divides platonic and romantic relationships. There was to be nothing more, no longing, no matter how desperately she wished for it to happen.

Alas, after suppressing her emotions for the longest time, she wanted to tell her. She wanted to tell her everything just to get it out of the way. Her indecisions have been tearing her apart. At this point, she doesn't even care if Sasha likes her back (which is a lie), she only wants to put it out there for good. She wouldn't know what to do with herself if she ever made Sasha feel uncomfortable or not want to be friends with her anymore.

     "They told me that tonight wasn't one of my best performances to date. I'm giving them all I have, how is that not enough?" The woman exclaimed, annoyed at the way the WWE Creative team critiqued her match. "I'd love to see them do what I do–"

     Monika nodded once more, understanding that this was what Sasha was going on about the whole time. "I thought you did great tonight." She smiled sympathetically as she caught up with the wrestler.