F O U R- "Even if it kills me."

*Bucks POV*

I laid in bed picking at a loose string in my sheets. It had been a few days since Catherine decided to end things between us,again. I couldn't understand why she decided to do that especially so abruptly and suddenly. We were doing great,spending time together on our off days and getting to know each other again,the love I had for her since we were younger woke up inside me again just to be ripped to pieces at her confession that she couldn't trust me.

I had been sad and depressed with this whole ordeal so I had taken up Bobby's advice to see the departments therapist,only to end up sleeping with her. She had a resemblance to Catherine in her soothing nature and in appearance. Just my luck that it didn't end well,and the 911 operator I met when Bobby had fired me asked me out. She was nice,and was definitely someone I could talk to but I didn't want to ruin something else so I turned her down. There was a part of me that knew I didn't want anyone else but Catherine,it had felt so nice to have her close to me again.

As kids we were inseparable,I told her everything and trusted her with everything. I had the biggest crush on her in fifth grade and it was amazing to watch the adorable girl I went to school with blossom into this gorgeous and intelligent teenager. When she agreed to be my girlfriend in 8th grade I was over the moon,our relationship lasting all throughout high school up until our break up right after graduation.

I'd never forget the look of hurt on her face when she walked into my room to find one of her closest friends asleep in my bed. I couldn't remember that night,most of it blurry from the huge party we had thrown in celebration of our graduation.

I stared at the note she had left for me when she left a few days later. Tears streaming down my face at the words that broke my heart just as bad as I had done to her, making the worst mistake of my life.

Dear Evan,

I'm leaving for New York. I accepted a full ride to NYU to study law like I always dreamed. You were always there in my dreams,cheering me on as we both worked for our biggest goals of making a home and a life together. It breaks my heart that you won't be by my side like we always wanted,but that doesn't change the love I have for you.

It hurt to find Stacy in your bed the morning after our graduation, but there's a part of me that can't forget all the love I have for you. Years of growing with you and loving you are not something I can just forget no matter how much I try.

I hope you can understand why I had to leave like this,even though a love like ours deserved a better ending than this letter. I just couldn't bring myself to look into your beautiful eyes that I love,because I know that one look and I will forgive anything and everything. Just know that even with hundreds of miles between us,I will always love you.

Good luck Evan.

Catherine.

P.S. Don't give up on your dreams,you are meant to do great things.

I slipped the letter back into the envelope,picking up the stack of pictures I had of us. The first one was of us at our 5th grade science fair,her long hair in two pig tails as we stood in front of our volcano. The next photo was of us on our first date,a strawberry shake with two straws between us at our favorite diner. I went through the photos,smiling at the many of us through high school at my games or her competitions.

The last photo I found myself staring at was the sonogram she gave me. My heart broke even more,hurting at the fact that she went through all of that alone. I wasn't at her side when she needed me most,and a part of me wondered if our baby had been born,would it have brought us back together?