<The Weirdo On Maple Street>

The room had an unsettling feeling. Mike's basement, I mean. I guess that's to be expected though, we did just find a random girl out in the woods while it was pouring. The girl seemed to be in distress, she was breathing very loudly. "Is there a number we can call fro your parents?" Mike asked, looking at the girl. "Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asks. I slap the back of his head, softly. "Dustin! You can't just randomly ask someone if they have cancer!?" I yell at him. "Did you run away?" Lucas asks. "Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike questions."Is that blood?" Lucas asks, putting a hand near her. Mike slaps away his hand. "Stop it! You're freaking her out!" Mike shouted. "She's freaking me out!" Lucas yelled back. "You all are freaking her out! Jesus, you're asking her so many questions! Take it easy." I say. "Maybe she's deaf?" Dustin questions. He then slaps his hands loudly towards her, making her jump at the noise. "Not deaf." He continued. "All right, that's enough." I said. She seemed to be scared of the thunder. I knelt down by her. "Hey it's okay. We're not going to hurt you." I smiled. "Let's sgtart with the basics. My name is Y/n. What's your name?" I asked her. She just stared at me in confusion. Mike walked away to get warm clothes. "Here, these are clean." He said, handing the pair of clothes to her. She then stood up and started to take off her shirt infront of all of us. I jumped infront of her, as the 3 boys turned around. Their voices clammered together. "Oh, my god" "Holy shit" "See over there?" Mike pointed across the room. "That's the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?" She moved towards the room, slowly. Mike followed. When she stepped inside he started to close the door but before he could the girl put a hand on it. "You...don't want me to close it?" I asked. "No." She replied. "Oh you can speak." Mike piped up, he was right behind me. "Okay, well... Um how about we just keep the door..." He then closed the door, not all the way, but to where there was a tiny crack. "Like this. Is that better?" He asked. "Yes." The girl answered. I figured Mike had the situation under control, so I stayed back with the other 2 boys. We didn't   speak, we just exchanged glances. "This is mental." Dustin says when Mike returns. "Atleast she can talk." Mike protests. "She said 'yes' and 'no'. Your 3 year old sister says more." Lucas says. "She tried to get naked!" Dustin excalims. "There's something wrong with her. Like, wrong in the head." Lucas pointed to his head. "She just went like-" Dustin motioned how she tried to take off her shirt. "Guys calm down. I know this is crazy and mental but we don't know what she's been through." I explain. "I bet she escaped from Pennhurst." Lucas said, ignoring me. "She didn't!" I protest. "Wait, Pennhurst?" Mike asks. "The nuthouse in Kerley County." I roll my eyes. Something about this seemed...off.  Not like she was a pshyco, bu tlike she was rasied that way. "You got alot of family there?" Dustin smiles. "Bite me." Lucas sneers. "Think about it! It explains why her hair's shaved and why she's so crazy." Lucas continues. "Why she went like-" "Dustin, stop." I shout. "Sorry." He frowns. "She's an escapee from there, is the point. She's probably a psychco." Lucas explains his point. "Like Michael Myers." Dustin points out. "Exactly!" Lucas shouts. Mike groans. "We should'nt have brought her here!" Lucas says. "Guys she's not like Michael Myers." I say. "We can't know that!" Lucas shouts. "Well, we couldn't have just left her out in that storm." Mike says. "Yes, we should've. We went to find Will, not another problem!" Lucas explains. "I think we should tell your mom." Dustin says. "I second that." Lucas agrees. "No." I spoke. "Who's crazy now?" Mike shouts. "How is that crazy?!" Lucas asks. "Cause we were'nt supposed to go out tonight. remember?" Mike says. "So?" Dustin asks. "So, if he tells his mom, and she tells my mom, and then your mom and your mom...." I explain "Oh man." Dustin facepalms. "Our houses will become Alcatraz." Lucas whispered. "Exactly, we'll never find Will." I'm glad me and Mike were able to convince them. I don't what it was about her, but she made me want to get to know her more. Like there was a mystery behind her and I needed to figure it out. There was a long pause between the 4 of us. I half expected the girl to come out of the bathroom right now, but she didn't. "Okay, here's the plan. She sleeps here tonight." Mike says and Dustin almost instantly started speaking. "You're letting a girl-" "Please, just listen to him Dustin." I said to him. He nodded and looked back towards Mike. "In the morning, she sneaks around my house, and goes to the front door and rings the doorbell. My mom wil answer and know exactly what to do. She'll send her back to Pennhurst or wherever she comes from." I glared at Mike for a moment. I really don't think she comes from a nuthouse. "We'll be totally in the clear. Tomorrow night,  we go back out and this time, we find Will." Mike ends.