"Have you seen the girls?" Potter asked me, shaking slightly in the cold as he grasped something in the palm of his hand.

"No, I was just about to ask you the same question."

"I thought Mei would be with the twins." He pointed to the two redheads who had started taking bets from naive students who were starting to gather in the stands.

"I'm sure she'll be along soon, we shouldn't worry too much. She wouldn't miss this task, she didn't stop worrying about you." I tried to reassure myself as well as him.

He nodded at me gratuitously as Dumbledore started talking, addressing the mass of students as well as us four.

"Our champions are ready for the second task. Something treasured has been taken from each of our champions, and they have precisely one hour to recover them."

Something's been taken from us? What could they possibly take from us that would be hidden in the water?

I didn't have much time to think about that, instead I listened as best as I could, and eventually he gave told us we could enter the Lake as soon as the cannon sounded.

A shiver rippled down my spine in the most unpleasant way, the air was biting my neck and face, the bare skin of my arms were covered in goosebumps.

I was wearing a black and green vest, similar to Potter's but his had red for Gryffindor. It wasn't the most practical, but I suppose they couldn't have us all bare chested in front of the entire school, that would be unproper.

I looked up to an elevated stand where Filch lit the fuse to the cannon, so I took that as my cue to cast the Bubble-Head charm. I had been practicing, so I had perfected it and my charm wouldn't wear off when I was at the bottom of the water.

Before I cast it, I turned to Harry and gestured to the slimy green substance he held. "Might want to get that down you before the cannon goes."

He nodded at me in thanks, shoving it into his mouth and grimacing. As I performed the charm and felt pressure on the bottom half of my head, the cannon exploded and I dived in.

I didn't waste time on watching where Krum and Delacour went, or how Harry wasn't even in the water yet. I just swam further and further down.

The light had quickly faded, and I was struggling to see. I grasped my wand tightly, thinking of 'Lumos'. I directed my wand in front of me and a sphere of light emerged, clearing the darkness in my path.

I continued on my way, looking for my stolen item. It was unearthly serene under the water, and the growing feeling of unease in my stomach refused to settle.

I checked my watch, noting that 35 minutes had already passed. My hope was starting to fade away, until I caught sight of four shapes floating in the distance.

I kept far away from the Grindylows, keeping a wide berth from them as I swam over. I swallowed my shock at seeing Charlotte, Granger, a young blonde girl and Mei tied up and unresponsive.

Potter arrived just before I did, and he was checking each of the hostages. I stopped swimming in front of Mei, holding her face in my hands as I looked over what they had done to her.

Turning to Harry, I tapped my watch with my wand in hopes he would understand what I was trying to say. Time was fast running out.

I linked my arm under Mei's and sent a 'diffindo' at the vine of seaweed that was holding her down. With a flash of light, it severed and the weight released, so I began to make my way upwards with her.

I managed to get up quicker then I went down, so when I finally broke the surface of water and heard the ear splitting cheers, I could finally breathe again.