"s-s'kuna doesn't like me", marri started crying, wiping her tears with her sleeves as they kept coming.

"n-no, wait that's not it!! S-SUKUNA LOVES YOU, I PROMISE!", itadori lied, sweating bullets as he worried if his sensei saw his precious daughter crying that he'd die before his execution

"no I don't".

that had only prompted marri to wail even louder, as she couldn't stop hiccuping as her feelings were hurt.

itadori then sweated even more as he mentally cussed sukuna out.

"fix this, or else I'm never letting you out ever again!", itadori threatened, as tattoos had started appearing on itadori's body, making sukuna click his tongue in annoyance.

it was the one time that he didn't want to switch.

"oi! stop crying. it's annoying!", sukuna demanded, to which marri had only cried even more, running into her room as she slammed it shut.

sukuna sighed as he facepalmed, trudging up the stairs as he knew if he were to do anything else, itadori would immediately switch back.

"oi, twerp! open the door!!"

"GO AWAY! I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYMORE!! YOU'RE NOT MY FAVORITE ANYMORE!"

sukuna furrowed his brows.

"if you don't let me in I'm going to kick down this door", sukuna threatened.

"DO IT! ONCE PAPA GETS BACK, HE'S GOING TO WHOOP YOUR—"

"LIKE HELL HE WILL!", sukuna shouted back, to which he didn't hear a response, prompting him to kicking down the door.

however, a teary-eyed little girl had swung open her door before sukuna could knock it down, to which now he didn't know what to do.

"can you stop crying now?", he asked, to which marri had crossed her arms as she glared at sukuna, marching back into her room as she aggressively huffed.

sukuna hesitantly walked into the little girl's room, to which he saw pictures of different curses littered across her walls, which were all drawings of her and curses playing together.

in fact, at the center of her room was one of him and marri, seemingly playing outside on the field.

"oi. what's with you and curses? don't you have friends or something?", sukuna scoffed, to which marri had sniffled.

"papa doesn't want other kids making fun of me because I can see curses, so I thought that I could be friends with them instead", marri answered, crawling onto her bed and cuddling an oddly shaped, stuffed animal curse.

sukuna raised a brow, crossing his arms as he made his way over to marri's bed.

'what a weird child'.

"so...now that I'm here, what do you want to do?", sukuna asked.

"I want you to go away", marri answered, as she was still salty.

an irk mark appeared on sukuna's forehead as he reminded himself that he needed to fix this so that he'd be let out again.

"I meant...what can I do for you to feel better?", sukuna asked, as politely as he could.

marri then sat up as her stared at sukuna.

"are you willing to do anything?"

"sure", sukuna huffed, as there wasn't anything more that he could lose.

he was wrong.

marri was now happily sitting on the male's lap as she painted sukuna's nails — which technically was itadori's too.

"you know, pink's a good color for you. it matches your hair", marri hummed, trying her best to stay in the lines of the nails.

"is that so?", sukuna solemnly, and sarcastically, asked.

"mhm! what do you think?", marri asked, holding his hand up for sukuna to see.

sukuna breathed in then out.

"lovely", he lied, though that had made marri grin.

"can you do my nails now? I want to match with you", marri requested.

sukuna dearly wanted to say no; so badly, but agreed nevertheless.

"will you let me go back once I paint your nails?"

"mm...you have to agree to something first".

"what?", the curse groaned.

"be my first curse friend. forever and ever", marri seriously said.

"okay, sure, whatever".

marri then giggled as she extended her hand out, to which sukuna had started painting it baby pink, questioning his dignity.

once their nails had dried, itadori came back as marri had fallen asleep, to which the boy was thanking the gods.

sukuna sat on his pile of skulls as he looked at the sleeping gojō

"how irritating".