chapter 2

❝she's interested in curses❞

"so you can see curses too?", itadori asked, sitting in megumi's room as there was a short table at the center of the room.

itadori and megumi were left with the little gojō as satoru went to go complete a quick mission.

"mhm! it's because I have the six eyes", marri casually mentioned, making itadori confused.

"are you sure, because I only see two", the pink-haired boy replied, making marri momentarily stop drawing.

"it's a gojō technique. she didn't literally mean that she had six eyes", megumi explained, handing marri the green crayon as if he had read her mind.

"oh. so what's your technique? you can summon dogs right?", itadori asked.

"it's called the ten shadows technique. not just dogs, but some other shikigamis could be summoned from my shadows", megumi briefly explained.

"GOOMI, SHOW HIM!", marri demanded, suddenly slapping both her cheeks as she apologized.

"sorry, please", the girl requested, to which megumi had made a hand sign, summoning two dogs — one black and one white — with three connected red dots on their foreheads.

"ayeshhh!! who are my best buddies", marri cooed, ruffling both doggies' fur as they just sat beside their owner, wagging their tails rapidly.

"woahhhh!! amazing!!", itadori chimed in as he too started tousling the white dog's fur, meanwhile marri had hugged the black dog, placing kisses on its forehead.

megumi simply watched as he just kept on his usual stoic face, making marri glance over as she skipped over to the dark-haired boy.

"it's okay goomi. you're still my best buddy", marri reassured as she wrung her short arms around the boy's neck, snuggling her face in the crook of his shoulder.

megumi just awkwardly patted marri's back as the shikigami dogs had disappeared, making itadori ruffle the air for a moment before stopping.

"huh?"

"oh, by the way, do you wanna see my drawing of s'kuna?", marri asked, taking her paper and showing itadori anyways.

"eh?? why does he have four arms and two faces?"

"because—"