Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Well, the girl that's going to be living there had a major say in how it looked. I think that's the only reason it turned out as good as it did," he nodded leaning in for a quick kiss. "You ever thought about interior design?"

"Ha Ha, come on you big dork," she laughed, returning the kiss before grabbing her things and opening her door.

"I mean it! I've seen the layout of your decorations and the furniture you picked! It's all so exotic and colorful, yet very comfortable and subtle." Bucky grabbed the separate bags of drinks and what not as he quickly caught up with her.

"I just got things that make a home seem homey with a few touches of our personality. It's not that big of a deal," she downplayed as she wrapped her arm through his and they walked on to the front porch.

"Yeah, yeah, Miss. Humble. You're talented and everyone knows it." Y/N playfully shoved him, but still stayed connected to him. "Ok, you want to hang the lights first and then make the food? Then we can do dinner out here."

"Perfect. I'll go get the ladder!" she jumped putting the food inside and racing to get the ladder.

The only furniture in the house was the guest room bed, which was Y/N's old bed that she no longer had a purpose for, and a single accent chair in the living room with a small end table. There were a few small things already put in certain rooms, like utensils in the kitchen, and towels and soaps in the bathroom. The next chunk of furniture was coming in through the week. The little details and objects were packed, and with every visit out here they brought a few boxes to get a head start. But for the most part it was quite empty. Hopefully, within the next three days they should have all their things moved in.

As of right now, they were just doing a simple picnic on their new front porch as their first time in their finished house. Bucky's idea. He wanted a simple and intimate first memory of their house. Y/N was just excited to see the house all done, and spend the evening with her boyfriend. She had no idea of his intentions for the nights events.

"Got it!" she said coming around the corner with the step stool, and Bucky had the lights all lined out for where they were going to go.

The two spent the next 20 minutes hammering some nails to hang the beautiful outdoor Edison bulbs to light up the entire porch that was halfway to being a wrap around porch.

"Ok, I'll get these last few hung up. You can go get the food and drinks ready if you want," Bucky offered as he stretched to hammer in another nail.

"Ok, I'll be right back."

When she got back in, Bucky was re-adjusting a few lights to make them perfect, and Y/N brought out a blanket and a platter of cut up fruits, wheat thins and hummus, and some already made sandwiches. A very simple meal, but one they both agreed to be perfect for the night.

They sat on the steps of the new home and overlooked their land as they munched on their food in between conversation. An hour passed and all that was left was some oreo cookies Y/N brought out last minute and fruit that was now just being nibbled on here and there.

"And maybe you can build a greenhouse or something over there! I know we have the sun room, but more places for plants is never a bad problem to have," Y/N said pointing out into a part of the field that was apart of their land. "No need for anything too big. Just a little escape room for when my art studio gets stuffy," she giggled. "Oh, didn't you say something about a shop for you? Some place to do some of your mechanic work in an area you can actually put cars and your bikes? Oh! You can finally get all those manly toys you wanted now that you'll have a shop and garage to do stuff in!" she said all excited as she turned to Bucky. Her cheeks hurt from how hard she was smiling.