Chapter Twenty-Six

Without any surprise, May, Ben, and Peter loved Y/N and Bucky for their new home. As soon as May started telling little stories about raising Peter in that home, and what nonsense had happened in every room and hallway, Y/N knew she was sold on the house. And May knew she was sold on selling it to her with how she was taking in her stories.

It was a week later they signed the papers and Bucky put a down payment on it. Next steps where hiring people to go in and do some touch ups to the house. All things Y/N had mapped out and consulted May on so she felt like she really wasn't losing the house completely. 

Lucky for the couple, it was a pretty open concept house and the layout was already perfect. There just needed to be some painting, a few replacements with cabinets and roofing, and of course decorating.

The decorating part was what was really going to make it their home. Y/N had already started a Pinterest board with ideas, and in her free time, was building and creating whatever she could instead of buying them.

She knew Bucky was fine basically buying the house for her, but she didn't like it deep down. She wasn't going to fight him on it because they had a long conversation about how he wanted to provide for her and doing something like this was his dream. One he hadn't known he wanted until she came around.

So one of the few ways to make her feel better, was she said her paycheck would go toward decorating. Bucky would take care of big appliances and furniture, but Y/N would have all the details. She would pick out the kitchen ware, the wall decor, the accent pillows, the bathroom supply. The list goes on. Her paycheck was nice enough it didn't hurt her too bad with the little things, and this way she felt like she was still contributing.

It had been about a month of getting things together. They had already finished the inside. Y/N's painting ideas were done for each room, appliances were put in, cabinets and floors had been refinished to their best self, and today, they were doing the last touches on the new roof. After that, it would be move-in ready.

"Bucky, you ready to head that way?" Y/N asked as she packed her last few things for their date.

"Almost!" he shouted from his room as he grabbed the last few items of importance. Coming out, Y/N was in a cute little sundress, one she had been wearing all day, but nonetheless adorable, and their bag full of things for dinner. "Ready doll."

"Perfect

"Perfect. Let's go handsome," she winked as she stood grabbing the bag and heading to the door.

_______________

They pulled into the giant horseshoe driveway that was right in front of the front porch, and as soon as they parked, Y/N let out a long content sigh.

"What's up?" Bucky said watching her as she stared at the house.

"It looks perfect," she smiled before turning and looking at him while also taking his hand. "And it's ours." She emphasized the last word.