snow and even more secrets

I awake with Draco shaking me. He stands over me with a happy smile, and for a moment I forget about Theo.

I rub my eyes, "Draco, what are you doing?"

Maybe it was a dream? Maybe Theo never messed all of this up for me.

"It's snowing." He bites his cheek to try and hold his smile.

Maybe I can pretend it didn't happen, isn't that easier?

I sigh, "And?"

"Get off your ass before I drag you outside." He clicks the light next to me on. I'm able to take in his full features. His eyes shine with excitement, something I almost never see.

Do I go with him? I want to but...

"Fine." I say.

He tugs off the covers and grabs my hand, but only to realize I was only wearing his jumper. He doesn't say anything except stare down at me.

"Well, change! Come on," He stands me up, letting his cold hands run under the sweatshirt and down my back. "Find something warm. I'll be right back."

He disappears through the door and I move to the dresser, where all my clothes sat neatly folded thanks to magic. I pull on warm pants and tall socks.

I let my hair down and stare at myself in the mirror. It looked as if I had obviously was sleeping five minutes ago, but I have other things to worry about.

What could Draco possibly be hiding? Do I confront him now, or do I pretend nothing happened until I can get ahold of Theo again.

Draco calls through the room, "Come here."

He holds warm winter boots in-front of him, but they are clearly expensive.

"I can not wear those, Draco."

He pushes them to my stomach, "You will. They are my mother's old pair." He still holds one hand behind his back, and flushes when I notice.

I sit back onto my bed and lace them. Draco sits next to me, letting his hands fall into his lap. I lift my head back up to him, but don't meet his eyes. He motions to his hands and I realize he holds a small, gold laced box.

He hands it to me. "Don't be weird about it. We just never exchanged gifts."

I take it into my hands and start to untie, but he stops me. "Open it later, okay? Let's just go out now."

I set the box on the nightstand and pretend Fred's present was sitting next to it.

"What time is it?" I ask, realizing I had no idea what time of night it is.

"Almost three. Everyone is asleep now."

It dings to me that no one else was going. Only us, not even Blaise.

When we step outside, he grabs my hand. You can barely see out farther then twenty feet away, only the sight of heavy snowflakes falling in my eye-line. Draco moves in front of me, leading me somewhere with our hands laced together.

The snow already sticks to the ground, not even being able to see the grass that was dull the day before. I carefully step the large steps that leave a path for me, hopping along. Draco stays silent observing the landscape that seemed like a muggle Christmas movie. When every minute or so passes he turns his head back to me, watching me.

He stops when we get to a big evergreen tree he lets go, and my hand already aches from not feeling his touch any longer.

He laughs, shaking snow out of his hair. The color almost matched. "I would call Daisy here for hot chocolate, but she's asleep."