Meeting Eli

"Olivia get up," Miguel said pulling the blankets off me 

"Miguel stop I want to sleep" he glared at me "well you can't sleep it's the first day of school" 

I widened my eyes "shit" I yelled Jumping out of bed I pushed Miguel out of the room and locked the door. Then I ran to my closet and threw the first thing I saw on. Making a good first appearance wasn't a big deal for me if people didn't like the way I dressed then whatever.

"Come on we are going to be late" Miguel yelled 

"I'm coming" we rushed out the door and hopped in our car getting ready to ride to school. 

"Are you nervous?" I asked him 

"Yeah, what about you" I shook my head I didn't care what people would think of me. 

Miguel and I had our first three classes together we were in biology when he nudged me "what" I whispered.

"where are we going to sit at lunch" 

"I have no clue we'll figure it out though" 

I absolutely hated biology it was so boring and the room we were in was very bland. Grey walls grey tables grey everything. I almost cheered when the bell for lunch rang. I could tell Miguel was nervous. We got a hamburger and chocolate milk. I looked around the cafeteria. There was a table with three girls the popular girls I assumed a table with the popular boys and right in front of Miguel and me was a table with two boys sitting at it. 

I nudged Miguel and pointed at the table he nodded and we walked over. 

"can we sit here," Miguel asked 

The taller boy with brown hair answered "ooh sorry the table's really blowing up right now, I can put you on the waitlist but it's probably gonna be next semester" I looked at Miguel confused "oh ok" he said and started to walk away the boy piped up again "I was kidding sit" he said and pointed at the chairs. 

Miguel and I sat down. The boy who had just made the stupid joke started to talk again

"I'm Demitri and this is Eli,"  he said "he is a man of few words" I smiled at Eli who was bent way over hiding his face.

"I'm Miguel and this is Olivia, my sister," my brother said 

"Nice to meet both of you,"  I said smiling 

Just then the popular girls walked past our table with their lunch trays. I rolled my eyes as Demitri and Miguel looked at them like they were veela in harry potter.

"Dude don't torture yourself those are the rich girls," Demitri said

"do you ever talk to them," Miguel asked causing me to scoff

"Oh yeah all the time we hang out after school, make out, give each other hand jobs" Miguel rolled his eyes and smiled "Eli here's the homecoming king gets laid more than anyone, isn't that right Eli" Demetri continued Eli smiled and looked at me waiting for my reaction, I gave him a small smile. 

I almost cried because Demitri still continued talking "Talk to them? you realize what table your sitting at right, you've pretty much signed away all hopes of losing your virginity before college" 

Jeez, what is up with this dude he's such a pessimist. 

"shit," Eli said quietly 

"what's wrong," I asked him

"Yasmine's looking at us, she's probably just making fun of me"

"I don't think she's making fun of you," Miguel said "Just because they're hot doesn't mean they're mean" Demitri gave him a weird look.