six | beware of the attack

"Jeongyeon unnie!" Tzuyu runs up to Jeongyeon and hugs her tight. "It's been ages since I last saw you!"

The two had agreed to meet after the director of Jeongyeon's latest movie had heard the two had connections, and decided to let Tzuyu have a cameo in the movie.

The older girl smiles and looks up at the taller one. "Wow, you've grown a lot in the years I've been gone."

Tzuyu laughs and takes a seat, patting the chair beside her. She pulls out her phone to take a picture with Jeongyeon, who usually wouldn't oblige, but this time agrees.

"I'm guessing you've seen Haejun a lot then?" Jeongyeon takes a bite of her donut once the photo session is over. "Sana and Momo are practically his parents too."

Tzuyu shakes her head, much to Jeongyeon's surprise. "I've only seen him once, and that's when he was born. I'm not really close to the kid, but I've seen pictures from Momo's socials. He really looks like his mum."

"Wait...so you don't really know him?" Jeongyeon taps her fingers on her leg. "Can I ask another question, Tzu?"

Tzuyu nods. "Go on."

"What happened to the seven of you after I left? Like, the school."

Tzuyu sighs and leans back on her chair. "A lot, actually. And they aren't really good things either."

"How so?"

"After Nayeon unnie graduated, three months later, Mina disappeared. She never came back, and I haven't seen her since—I doubt anyone has." Jeongyeon rolls her eyes internally, as she's already seen the girl more than she wishes she had. "Then there were five of us. Momo unnie was heartbroken, and she barely spoke for about six months after. Then she graduated too, and she left the school.

Sana unnie received an offer for modelling, but declined it because she had to prepare herself to take over the family business. Her father died about two years ago, but she's still working as a secretary because she needed to help Nayeon—at least, that's what I heard from Dahyun.

Mm...Then Dahyun unnie moved to Switzerland to pursue classical music, and she comes back every now and then to visit Sana and her family here.

And lastly...Chaeyoungie." Tzuyu sighs and gulps, and Jeongyeon pats her back. "Chaeyoung and I broke up in college because I took my place in the entertainment industry and she did too. We just parted as she wanted to get into music, and I got into modelling."

"Tzu...I'm sorry." She gives a warm smile to the younger girl who is now sniffling. "You still speak to her, right?"

"Hah. I wish." Tzuyu looks up. "But she's too busy producing and meeting the stars of the music world, while I'm here, posing for the cameras and smiling every minute. My cheekbones are naturally shaped for me to smile now, unnie." She frowns and looks back at Jeongyeon. "But enough about me. You've met Nayeon unnie already, haven't you?"

Jeongyeon nods and takes a coffee from the staff who offered it to her. "It was weird to see her again. But it felt as if nothing had happened, as if I had met her yesterday."

Tzuyu keeps solemn. "She stopped talking about you once you left. She left all the sports clubs, barely spoke during meetings, and left early after school."

The older girl zips her mouth, wanting to hear more, but Tzuyu stays silent as well.

It's like a battle to see who will break first, and at the moment, Jeongyeon really wants to speak up—but she hates losing as well.

But if I'm losing to Tzuyu, then it's alright. Jeongyeon sighs and turns to the taller girl. "I'm gonna call Nayeon real quick. I'll be back."

Tzuyu nods, and Jeongyeon begins pressing buttons on her phone.

*****

Momo doesn't know why her phone is ringing, but it just is. She groans and shuffles to get the phone, but in her tired state, it's just too much of a reach.

Sana marches in, and throws the phone on Momo's face, clearly in distress. "The phone has been ringing for over three minutes! At least try and pick it up, you lazy camel."

"Lazy camel? At least use a pig, next time." The older one decides to answer it and brings the phone to her ear. "Hello? Who is this?"

"I thought you had my number saved."

Momo immediately sits up. "Jeongyeon unnie? I thought you were shooting a movie?"

Sana moves in closer to hear the conversation, and sits down at the foot of Momo's bed to listen in.

"I am. I just wanted to ask you a favour." Jeongyeon asks through the phone, the sound of horns beeping in the background to tell her to get back to filming. "Can you give the phone to Nayeon? I need to talk to her."

"Yeah, sure. I think she's at home at the moment, she came back to prepare Haejun's room because he's coming back home tonight." Momo mouths a 'get Nayeon' to Sana, who nods and rushes off to get the girl. "How long has it been since we last saw you anyways?"

Jeongyeon mumbles a few numbers and dates to herself. "About a week. Sorry for not visiting Haejunnie, I was quite busy."

"Yeah, no worries." Momo looks up as Nayeon enters the room, visibly confused when the black haired girl hands her the phone. "Here's Nayeon unnie now."

Nayeon takes the phone into her hands. "Hello? May I know who's speaking?"

"Hey, Im." Jeongyeon chuckles. "Listen, I just wanted to quickly call and ask if you wanted to like, hang out or something? Just for a coffee or dessert some time this week? Maybe a movie, if we have time?"

Momo and Sana squeal with excitement, and Nayeon puts her index finger over her lips to shut them up.

"Uh, yeah, that'd be great. I'm free on Thursday, if that's cool with you?" Nayeon looks at the two girls on the bed, who are mouthing two completely different things to her. "Unless you're busy then—"

Nayeon stops talking when both Momo and Sana face palm.

"No, I'm free on Thursday. I'll pick you up from your house then...wherever it is." Jeongyeon awkwardly laughs. "Just text me the address and I'll see you soon. Adios." Jeongyeon cuts the call, and Nayeon stares at the girls in disbelief.

Momo is the first to break the silence. "It's a date, unnie! She asked you out on a freaking date!"

"No..." Nayeon stares out. "It's just a friendly catch-up, right?"

"Yeah, if 'friendly catch-up' means eating dessert at a nice cafe, drinking your favourite coffee while talking with her, and watching your favourite movie—then hell yeah, it is a friendly catch-up." Sana stands up and pats Nayeon's back. "Face it, unnie. It's puppy love all over again."

"Yeah, but...She's famous and I'm not. Maybe she just wants to make up for the time that she left."

"She literally tried searching for you everywhere, unnie." Sana crosses her arms over. "Jihyo came in touch with me last week and told me that the reason why Jeongyeon became an actress was in the hopes that you would notice her, and try to get in touch."

Nayeon feels her heart flailing, and her face heating up.

"She literally looked everywhere for you. And you're trying to tell me that it's just a 'friendly catch-up'? Cut the bull, Nayeon. I know you caught feelings for her the second you saw her face again."

Nayeon turns away from the two. "Okay, and so what if I did? I have a son now."

"What does having a son have to do with you and Jeongyeon?"

"No one wants to date a single mother." Nayeon sighs. "That's just how the world thinks, and I'm pretty sure Jeong thinks the same way."

"Nabongs, she literally brought food and clothes for you and your son." Momo enters the conversation. "And you think she doesn't like you, or Junnie?"

Nayeon shrugs and begins to walk out the room. "It's been nine years since I had these same feelings. It just rushed over me, and I don't know what's overcome me but I don't like it."

"Don't like what?"

"That's the thing, Momo. I don't know."