Clint Barton- Menstruation (c)

There was a reason that menstruation rhymed with defenestration; when you were on your period you were always a second away from throwing someone out of a window. You were far from pleasant to be around when you were on your period, your mood generally taking every extreme whilst your cramps left you in tears for a majority of the time. Luckily for you, your boyfriend, Clint, was very devoted to you and wanted to make your unpleasant time of the month as easy as it possibly could be.

When you woke up in the morning with the worst cramps, you decided it was best for you to stay in bed as any movement meant you hurt worse. Clint hurried off to do the monthly routine that he had gotten used to doing to try and assist you through your period. He returned from the kitchen with the goods that you were longing for. You snatched the hot water bottle like the gremlin you had became and clutched it to your stomach, hoping desperately that it would alleviate the pain, but Clint had thought further ahead that just heat to help the pain.

"Take these," he smiled weakly, handing you two painkillers and a glass of your favourite drink.

You regretted having to move to be able to take the pills as it hurt your aching abdomen, but you knew in the long run it would be worthwhile.

"Thanks," you croaked, returning to your curled up position.

"I'll leave your snack hoard next to the bed for when you feel well enough to eat them," he assured you, dropping the various foods that you loved dearly on the floor, knowing that within a few hours only the wrappers would survive your ravaging.

You let out a grateful squeak, far too nauseous to think about food currently.

"Would you like me to stay?" Clint asked.

At this point in your period there were two options for how you felt; either you wanted him to cuddle you and stay within arms reach forever, or you wanted him to go far away and if he got to close, he'd likely get a black eye.

"Stay... please," you whispered.

He did as he was told, and crawled into the bed beside you, wrapping his arms around your back so that he could hold you to his chest. You snuggled in close, letting his body heat, warm your back and the hot water bottle do the same to your front, and hope for the painkillers to kick in as soon as possible.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.