Rose Petals

"You're the most special girl I've ever known," The boy said, his hand reached out with a rose.

The girl blushed and took the rose in hand. "Aren't you the sweetest thing," She remarked, feeling completely enthusiastic and giddy both on the inside and out. Not only was that the first time someone said and made her feel like she was worthy of something, but the moment after that honestly topped everything else. She leaned her face closer to him as he did the same, in a quick moment, their lips met and landed on each other. It went on like that for a while until one of them decided that it was time to go and the other obliged, holding the gift of a rose to her chest.

As soon as Emma came back to her room after yet another date (that actually turned into something else) with Wesley, the first thing she did was bring up a vase that she found from digging out some stuff in the garage that later on she used to put in the rose that she had just gotten from him to showcase in her room. Not only as a reminder that it was the first ever flower she'd ever gotten from a guy, but it was the thought that made her feel all her insides jumping up and down - most importantly, how a simple act of flower-giving could easily form a smile on her face each time she looked at it. Especially when it was given after they had their first time together after a few several dates beforehand.

After that was all over and done with, she fell onto the bed and started to be on her phone. Messages from her friends came through, all asking the same thing; how was the date? She gave the rightfully final report as it was a duty of friends doing that to each other, then the group chats started piling up all being happy and jealous for her. She smiled at the reaction though she was expecting it as they were all friends with the guy she went out with as well. However, it was still nice that they decided to ask her about the whole thing, rather than going to him in spite of only being friends with them just recently. Specifically, not long ago before she and Wesley decided to make it official.

The next day at school, her friends were cornering her in class the moment she walked right into it. Despite having told everything the night before, obviously her friends would still want to hear details on a much personal level. She decided to sit in the back of the room with her friends surrounding her, telling all that she needed to spill but couldn't do to the limitation of a group chat. Not that she wasn't able to, but talking face to face just seemed more intimate to her.

She broke away from the conversation as soon as her eyes spotted the one guy walking into class, as soon as their eyes met from across the room, he made his way towards her with his bag slumped on one shoulder. Her friends left her on her own and made room for just the two of them. "Morning, beautiful," He greeted, leaving a peak on her cheek, sitting himself down on her table.

Immediately hiding away her blush as soon he said it, she replied, "Hey, you," She played with the tip his jacket, an attempt to not sound or look ridiculed.

"You know, I could've just given you a ride this morning," He declared. Shortly, she had always taken the bus like the rest of the students who went there for like a long time, and he might or might not suggest the idea beforehand, but something inside of her just refused to give in to the temptation of riding to school with him. Even though the other part of her, mostly teenage hormones induced, really wanted to.

She smiled in return, "Maybe next time." She said along with a smirk afterwards.

"Wes, there's a party at Hilary's house tonight. You want to come?" One of her friends, the one with large black curls but astonishing looks, suddenly chimed in.

"Oh yeah, totally forgot about all that," Wesley answered, then he turned back to her. "Want to come together?" He asked.

The invitation was tempting and she almost said yes, however, she remembered that her parents would not be willing to let her go to parties. Yeah, they were strict like that. "I don't know, I mean, you know my parents," She sighed.