Chapter 8(Part II) The Library

En başından başla

"Wait, this shit is due only day after tomorrow, why the hell would you do it right now?" he whispered.

"Because my new year's resolution was overcoming procrastination" I said without looking in his direction and still trying to write at the same time. "And anyways, I would rather-"

"3 multiplied by 2 is 6 not five. You added it." he interrupted.

"Oh shit." I crossed the line and and stopped writing because I realized multitasking is not my shot of coffee. I shifted my full attention on to him, earning a smile from him because now I was looking at him. Gosh, he must be the only child to be wanting attention at all times.

"I would rather just do it now than do it tomorrow." I continued.

"But why not do it at home?" he questions me and wiggled his eyebrows, ushering me to answer as he was growing impatient.

"What do u do at home?" He asks again.

Its not what I do. Its what he does. I don't even know why.

I never take my assignment, homework and projects at home, because I don't know when he will decide on coming on to me and knocking me out. I always try to finish as much as possible at school during my free periods and lunch breaks.

"Well, I just like to chill at home. I can't study at home."

"Oh, you and I are quite the opposites. Do you have any sibling?"

"I-" I continue but pause as I realize he is just trying to do what he initially wanted to do. "Stop distracting me Dave. We will talk about this tomorrow." I say and turn towards my textbook giving myself an internal pat for surviving this long with Dave.

I hear him huff and he outstretched his right hand to rest head on it. He turns his head towards my direction and could literally feel his gaze on me. I stole a glance of him time and again to see if he is really looking at me or out of the window beside me.

Turns out he was having his own sweet time looking at my face. I got conscious a little while after that thinking if there is something on my face and I kept rubbing my face again again to get rid of the invisible particle.

After I solved a few numerical, I looked at him, only to find his eyes closed and lips slightly parted. He is taking a nap. Sun rays were hitting his face, making his hair look a shade lighter. His breathing was even and I swear I saw him smile for .3 seconds in between his sleep. I smile automatically made its way as I looked at him sleeping without a worry.

I touched his hair that was falling onto his forehead and shifted them slightly towards the side. His hair was really soft. Remind me to ask him what shampoo he uses.

I placed my left hand in front of his eyes at a distance, so that the sun light doesn't interrupt his beauty sleep. I rested my elbow on the table (because we all know my arms can stay in air for no more than 20 seconds) and continued doing my homework.

I little while later I felt a movement beside me and I noticed that The Sleeping beauty is about to get up. Before he could notice, I removed my hand from the front of his face and he winced as soon as he opened his eyes at the amount of light.

"Was I sleeping?" He asked with a groggy voice.

I think I just came.

"Yes you were. Did you know you sleep talk?" I said as I packed all my stuff and took the textbook to keep it from where I took it.

"I- I do?" He asked worriedly as he looked straight into my eyes. I kept the book back on its rack and turned towards him, giving the 'serious face' of the year. "What did I say?"

"I mumbled quite a lot. But whatever you said, I didn't expect this from you, Dave. How can you be so disgusting?" I continued to prank him and it was noticeable from the look on his face that he has indeed done something. He had wide eyes and hand clutching his heart. If I were to move an inch, I am sure I would be able to hear his heartbeat.

"I am kidding, Chico. Look at you all worried." He let out a sigh at my statement and glared at me playfully. He pointed his index finger towards me and said "Never ever do that again."

I laughed at his reaction and started walking towards the exit as bell would ring anytime until Dave caught hold of one of my belt loops and pulled me towards him. My back was almost touching his chest if it wasn't for me stopping at the right moment.

I don't think I would be able to handle that.

"And what did you just call me?" He asked as he brought his face forward, still keeping his distance as he sensed my awkwardness.

"W-What? Chico?" stuttered for no apparent reason.

"Yes that, don't call me that." He said, and I felt his breath near my neck and I swear my knees almost gave out.

"Lets go!" He shout purposefully just to startle the librarian. She jumps on her chair and the poor lady almost loosed her balance on her rotating chair. She lowers her spectacles and shoots a glare towards our way. I mouth 'sorry' in her direction because I can see my future which does not include stepping into this peaceful library again.

God, bless my heart. I think I need a breather.

We successfully get out of the library and not get kicked out like how I initially imagined in the first 5 minutes of Dave entering with me.

The bell rang and I hurried back to my locker. Thankfully, his locker was in the other hallway and he left with a small frown on his face. I took out a few emergency skittles from my locker and propped it in to calm my athletic heart. I have never felt it beating so hard.

Then again, I have never spent so much time with a boy either. More like a man. I made a beeline towards my class with a smile etched on my face. I think I even giggled.

Giggled. Can you imagine? Gosh, who giggles?

I just realize that I didn't just make one friend but 3 friends.

Never in my life did I ever imagine myself interacting with kids my age. I used to love talking to people. Over the years I refrained myself from talking to them because I became a socially awkward potato who just didn't know how to talk properly and would run out of topics.

They seem really cool though. Especially Dave, who is time and again trying to interact with me for whatever reason.

This shit is not going to harm me in any way, right?

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

*

*

*

*

Name the stars as you like.

How was it guys?

On a scale of 1-10, how much would you rate the chapter?

Random question: Korean-dramas for life?