Act One: Epilogue

Start from the beginning

Dowling stepped hesitantly forwards somewhat, her interest yet again spiked, "What is it?"

She shrugged, "To tell you the truth, Farah, I do not know its name. It would seem Morrigan's ancestors put everything they had into keeping it hidden, dormant. But I do know this. The power that this girl contains - if trained correctly - is so great, it could save or destroy us all."

*****

Morrigan Chambers had never felt better.
Here she was, strolling down the gravel road leading to Alfea College for Fairies and Specialists, surrounded by her best friends.

Whilst spending the weekend away at Bloom's house, she had felt all the stress of the past term lift from her shoulders and a sense of peace overcome her. For those two incredible days, she no longer had to worry about Burned Ones, or her unpredictable magic, or the bad blood between her and her brother, and not one second did she think about the certain brunette boy who had caused her such heartache. It was a relief.

She cast her gaze out to her left from where she walked beside Musa and grinned at something Terra said. Amused, Mor noticed how they were all colour coded to their element: Musa and purple, Stella and yellow, Bloom and red, Aisha and blue and Terra and green. Glancing down at herself, she realised that she was the only one without a specific colour code. It didn't bother, nor her friends, one bit.

With every step towards the extravagant gates of Alfea, however, Mor couldn't ignore the growing pit of nerves in her stomach. A while back down the road, she'd noticed the copious amounts of sleek, black cars that reminded her anxiously of the Queen's parked up around the front. She tried to push it all aside, but the feeling would persist - something wasn't right.

And as the six girls arrived at the gates, Mor understood just how wrong everything truly was.

There, standing together at the front of the courtyard, was nonother than Queen Luna, a man she didn't recognise, and Rosalind.

Gasping, Mor stumbled to a halt, throwing a wide-eyed glance at Musa, who returned the nervous look, before returning her focus to the three adults in front of her.

This can't be happening.
Where was Dowling? Why wasn't she here? What in the fresh hell was going on?

Heart thundering in her chest, Mor narrowed her eyes and her gaze slipped over Luna's shoulder, to where all the Specialists were lined up, all armed. Her nerves only doubled when she realised her brother was nowhere to be seen.
Trying desperately to dim the panic that was building up inside of her, Mor's eyes snagged on the boy who had caused her so much pain the past few weeks.

Riven's expression was a mixture of confusion, regret and- Mor's heart skipped a beat at the small spark of pride in the boy's eyes, however forced it seemed to be. He caught her gaze and immediately the pride vanished, replaced by guilt that warped his face.

What had he done? What was happening? Where was Rowan? Where was Dowling?

She suddenly became dizzy, and she vaguely registered the steadying hand of Musa that gripped her elbow.

Her vision was blurred with dread, but she didn't miss the subtle way his lips moved, his eyes never leaving her face.
I'm sorry, he mouthed, over and over again, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Mor shook her head. Riven looked broken.
How dare he look so broken, when he had clearly chosen his side.

"Welcome back, ladies." Rosalind smirked, and the notion made Mor want to vomit, "There's been a few changes. But let's start simple, yes?"

The woman's unforgiving eyes locked onto Mor, and Musa's grip on her elbow tightened as the Mind Fairy shifted closer to her protectively.

Rosalind waved a dismissive hand at Mor, "Lock that one up."

Before any of the girls could do anything, hands were latching onto her arms, yanking her away from her friends. Growling, Mor planted her feet and struggled relentlessly in the men's grip as they dragged her over to where Rosalind was waiting, watching. Her friends shouted their protests, but they were already being restrained by more Solarian guards.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Riven lunge forwards, only to be held back by Dane and another Specialist she couldn't care to identify.

"Under what charges?!" Mor demanded through gritted teeth as she came face to face with Rosalind.

The woman in question just reached forwards and brushed a strand of hair from the girl's face, her eyes calm and steady; a predator examining its prey.

"Lack of control and danger to both students and staff alike." She shrugged simply, dropping her gloved hand to her side once more, "But mark my words, Miss Chambers, that is all going to change."

Then an explosion of pain erupted at the back of her head, and everything went black.

ARGH OMG!!!!! Ok this is definitely the last chapter of Act One!

Once again, I wanna say a MASSIVE thank you to all you have read, voted, commented and enjoyed this book as much as I did whilst writing it!

However, before I go, I just want to answer the most common question you guys are asking me:

Riven
In this act, as you have seen, Riven and Mor do not get together or mend their friendship, and this is because I want their journey into a proper relationship to be as realistic as possible. They've literally only known each other for 1 term, and it's been messy, plus Morrigan is quite (as you can tell) touchy when it comes to trust.
BUT BUT BUT having said that, I promise you Act Two will hold so much Riven x Mor content and I've already worked out how they confess their love as well, so I can't wait for you to read that🥰🥰

By the way, I'd love to see the ship names you guys are coming up with for Mor and Riven!

Now this really is goodbye😭😪💔

I hope you all enjoyed, and I hope to see you all in Act Two of Princess!

Lots of love and gratitude,
Izzy🥰💖