02. Surrounded by Saddness

"...But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful
We're stars and we're beautiful..."
"Thank you SpeedySwift for choosing that beautiful and inspiring song by Alessia Cara, now let's continue on the next song by ..."

Penelope shuts down the radio.
After entering her room, she threw her backpack right on the floor with rage and jumped on the bed, facing herself to the wall.
The windows and curtains are all closed, leaving the room with only dim light and stuffy surroundings.
She panted, closed her eyes.
Scenes and situations are faintly flowing up her mind, and filling up her brain...
Echoes of insults of the girls in her school were balling around Penelope's head, hissing the word: "Piggy Penelope, Piggy Penelope, Piggy Penelope...", each gets stronger and louder every time. Her mind is vague , but she had a bad feeling that a big cloudburst is about to come.
She got off of bed and went to the darkest corner of the room, where no light could be emitted to see her face. Steadily, she sat there with her arms wrapped around her legs and her head rested on it. Her face was fully covered by her knees, as if she was trying to cover up the ignominy and shame that was reflected. Her cheeks blushed, turned red and became flame hot. Drops of large tears are rolling within her eyes, struggling not to burst out as she had promised herself not to shed tears over these scenes for the past three years.
It is hard.
Sadly, there is this one drop of tear that is uncontrolled. It drifted over her flaming cheeks and went straight down on her knees.
"Plink..."
Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. She hugged her legs even tighter, and pressed her forehead even harder. She began to sob, then she cried and she completely let herself go with the streams of tears. Million drops of humiliation and mortification ran down through her face.
In the past few years, she tried to stand strong, demanding to shield her own self-confidence, just like a guard who is protecting a castle to prevent enemies from attacking. For this time, the soldiers got weak and tired. Her castle collapsed, towered down by the enemies. With her crushed dreams, she can no longer hold the pieces together nor to safeguard herself. She is broken.