"Must've been pretty sick if fire got involved." Hawk says.

I look around and I notice everyone is wearing white belts, instead of their normal ones. As we are about to go to our locker rooms to get changed, my dad walks out of his office.

"Quiet!" He yells at us, making me stop walking. "The dojo's closed to new students today." He says to the kids.

"We just wanted to sign up after we saw the tournament." The boy says.

"Do I need to say it again? Get out!" Dad yells at them. They start to walk away and go back to the door.

"Let's go, move it. Come back tomorrow. And bring your checkbooks." He says to them. They all walk out of the door.

"Everyone fall in." Dad says, but Miguel, Hawk, and I still aren't in our gi's.

"Must've been a rager Sensei." Hawk says.

"We're you celebrating all weekend?" Miguel asks.

"Why weren't we invited." I ask him.

"Celebrating what? My students are a bunch of pussies." Dad says, and I look at Miguel and Hawk.

"Diaz, Lawrence, up front." He says to Miguel and I, and we go stand next to him.

"Diaz, did you intentionally focus on harming your opponent's shoulder so you could win?" Das asks Miguel.

"Yes Sensei?" He says, confused.

"Lawrence, did you fight your opponent even though you clearly had an advantage because of his injury?" He asks me.

"Yes Sensei, but-" He cuts me off.

"Quiet." He yells at me and stands directly in front of Miguel and I. "Do you think that makes you badass?" He asks us. Miguel and I glance at each other, but we don't answer him. "What's the matter, too tough a question? Maybe you need some help. Miss Robinson!" He yells at Aisha.

"Yes Sensei?" She asks.

"Two cobras in the jungle. One kills the strongest lion, the other kills a crippled monkey. Which cobra do you wanna be?" He asks her.

"The one that kills the lion, Sensei." She answers.

"And why is that." He asks her.

"Because it killed a stronger animal." She answers against

"Correct!" He yells. "Cobra Kai is about being badass. And the baddest badass is the one who beats his opponent when he's at his strongest. Not when his back is turned, not when he's injured. Is that understood?" He asks us all.

"Yes Sensei." Everyone replies except for Miguel and I.

"That means no more cheating. No more fighting dirty. From here on out, those are pussy moves, and you don't wanna be pussies, do you?" He asks us.

"No Sensei." Everyone replies.

"Good. That's why I had you wear your white belts. We're staring over." Dad says to everyone, then he turns to Miguel and I, "Lawrence, Diaz,
50 push-ups on your knuckles. Miss Robinson, warm them up." He says as he walks into his office. Miguel and I look at each other, then we start our push ups.

~~~

After I finish my push ups, I get up and walk into my dad's office.

"What the hell was that?" I ask him, causing him to look up from his newspaper. "I did not touch Robby's shoulder the whole fight, and you know that." I say to him.

"I know, but you still fought him." He says to me.

"He wanted to fight." I say to him annoyed.

"Yeah, I know. I'm more mad at Miguel then you. I'm happy you didn't target his shoulder." He says to me.

"Then why embarrass me?" I ask him.

"Because I wanted everyone else to know that we have to fight fairly." He says to me.

"Why are you teaching us this now? The whole time you said the complete opposite." I ask him, confused.

"Because, I realized that fighting dirty isn't going to get anyone anywhere. I'm still learning, just like you are. You have potential, I'm not letting you, or anyone, waste it." He says to me. "Now, go do your drills." He says.

"Ok." I say with a small smile and walk out.

—————————————————————————

A/N: Sorry I haven't posted in a couple days, I have a mindset that time isn't real. Anyway, we finally got to season two🕺🕺