"Your majesty..."

"No!" I whirl around snapping, Sarah reels back. "No- don't..." my voice falters from anger to one of distress, "you don't call me that. Never. You don't... just... you can't- you're my... you just can't okay!"

"Okay." Sarah placidly replies, palms open and now facing forward as she moves, "okay. I won't. I won't call you anything but Cassie okay? Okay."

Amidst the reassurance my shoulders slump, my hand coming up to run through my hair with a short tug as I shake my head adamantly. "This is..."

"Cassie you have to understand," Sarah murmurs, "you have to understand. I didn't want to keep any of this from you. I promise I didn't want to keep it a secret. King Nolan told me to keep quiet and I just- Cassie you have to believe me."

She's at my side now, pleading eyes staring at me with a film of shine and I must look the same distraught as she does. I continue to shake my head vigorously, walking back through the double doors and into the warmer side of the room by the bed.

"You lied to me. For weeks. Since the start. You knew from the beginning." I accuse.

"No...yes...I don't know. I dropped all these hints, I tried to avoid the truth not lie. I wasn't allowed to tell you, Cassie. I had orders and I- I'm sorry." Sarah makes an aborted attempt to grab my arm, hesitant in the gesture before seemingly deciding to do it anyway and placing her hand on my shoulder. "I am so sorry. I couldn't..."

"You couldn't disobey the orders." My shoulders sag, as does my whole body as I take a seat at the edge of the bed where Sarah sits beside me following the motion.

There was no plan to be mad at her, it was never in the cards to get in a fight. I needed Sarah right now as a confidante and more importantly as my best friend. Arguing was no use, not when she was under direct orders by her King. Especially then. There was really only one person to put the blame to and it would never be Sarah.

My mouth curves downwards. "You have to tell me."

"Tell you?"

"Tell me it's true."

"Cassie," she begins regretfully, "I can't."

"No." I adamantly say, "tell me. You have to tell me."

"I can't, even now. I am still under orders from the King."

"And- and as your...as your- and I am telling you to tell me the truth."

Sarah looks at me. "Is that an order?"

"Yes." I stare straight at her, desperation leaking into my tone, "please just tell me the truth."

She purses her lips staring straight back. "It's true."

My mouth quivers and nose tingles. I swipe at it in a pathetic attempt to keep the tears at bay and when I try to look away Sarah's hand reaches for my cheek, cupping it to push my head back for my attention.

"You are our Queen." She breathes out, there's another mixed emotion between the sincere truth that spills from her lips and it slides into admiration. "You are who we have been waiting for all these years. The Queen to our King."

My sight becomes blurry as I blink at her, feeling the small drop of a tear run down my face as the words shake through me, and my head shakes in an adamant no. When I try to voice my opinion all that comes out is a rasp of air.

Like a seam pulled, I begin to fall apart.

Sarahs arms are what pull me in as I begin to cry earnestly into her shoulder.