Chapter 8

Des~

“Tell me again why I'm here?” Allen asked. I threw a coke at him, “I think it's a good idea to settle this. No more fighting. Everyone on the streets will be a hell of a lot happier.” Allen opened his soda. “Alright, and how do you think we'll settle this? Have a nice little tea party, and call it a truce?” I rolled my eyes, “No. We can just end. You and I both want it to be over, and you and I are the people who can make it be over.” Allen thought for a moment. “Freedom does sound nice,” I let a little smirk show on my lips, but wiped it away before he could see. “Alright, let's do it.” I held out my hand, and he eyed it. “It's a hand shake. I'm not going to kill you.” Allen looked at my hand, and then back at me. After a few minutes, he cautiously shook it.

Donell~

Des was spending a lot of time with Allen. Why? “Hey Dessy,” I smiled. She hated that name, “Donell, I can kill you without a trace. Don't try it.” I smirked. “Alright. I'm just going to skip to the point.” Des raised an eyebrow. “HaveyoubeensleepingwithAllen?” I rushed out. Des took it in, then burst out laughing. “No. Oh god no. Donell, how could you think that!?” She started laughing again, and then calmed her self down. Trying not to break into a fit of laughter. “I'll let you in on a secret.” “Oh god. You're prego. You're dating him-” I was blurting out all of the possibilities. But before I could say another option, she slapped her hand over my mouth. “Stop. I won't tell you if you're coming up with absurd ideas.” I nodded with her hand still over my mouth. “We're going to end this damn war. He and I are planning on how to end this. No one knows, so don't tell a soul.” My eyes widened. They obviously didn't understand why the war had started in the first place! No one did! No one but me. I overheard James talking about it. “You can't. No. That isn't a good idea.” I hissed. Des looked shocked, “I thought you would be happy!” I rolled my eyes. “This war is for a reason. They said it's for land, but it isn't.” “Like you would know.” I clenched my jaw, “I do know!” Des was walking away, but she turned, and glared at me. “Then why the hell is this fucking thing going about!?” She shouted. Some people started to stare, but I glared at them all letting them know to back off. “It's for freedom.” I whispered. Des rolled her eyes, “This thing is anything but freedom.” “I don't know how, but it is.” I stalked off before she could say anything.

“Jake, I think you know what to do.” I whispered to Jake as he let me in.

Des~

“What the hell!?” Allen? Where was that coming from? “Allen?” I called. I was walking down the street. I heard a few gun shots. Fear rose within me. Shit. Shit shit. No. They couldn't of. I ran to the sound. It was a dark alley. “Allen?” I asked. Jake, and Donell both turned around. Blood was on their shirts, and Jake was holding a gun. Behind them, I could see a figure on the ground. A figure that looked like Allen. “You didn't.” I whispered, and then ran to the figure. Sure enough, it was Allen. Blood was pouring out of his forehead, and his eyes were open. “You bastards!” I screamed, turning around. “Des, you went to far. You couldn't count on him.” Donell started. He started coming over to give me a hug, but  I backed away. “HE WAS OUR FUCKING CHANCE FOR FUCKING HOPE!” I screamed. Donell stepped back. “No he wasn't. Killing him off was.” I didn't even think of what I did. All I know is that there was a gun in my back pocket, and an angry me. Two shots went off, and they were from me. My eyes were closed, so all I know is two people went down. Two people who killed out chance for hope.

Hey guys! So sorry about how short it is. I thought it was longer, but I guess now. Uh, also sorry about killing him, and the other guys. I wanted action. Oh, and thanks for reading.

Lesley