Just minutes after approaching the bar she spotted him down the way. He was sneaking cute and subtle, then not-so-subtle glances her way. One's she definitely found herself sending as well. 

He was hot. God, he was the idea of a God. He was... He was a stunning man. And when he came to talk in that sweet sweet accent offering a few drinks on him, she almost melted. The next thing she knew, they were talking for 30 minutes. Blushing, giggling, light teasing; all the works.

But as soon as Steve and Y/N were walking back from the bar, Y/N saw Bucky in the booth with their friends rolling his eyes, yet laughing at a joke Sam said, she couldn't help herself. He still had some magnetic pull to her and she couldn't place it. Where did it come from? Why so sudden? Why so random?

But was it really random?

Anyway, Y/N kept sneaking glances back at Bucky throughout the night. Keeping an eye on him. Something seemed off from the usual and she needed to put her problems to the side to help Bucky. At least that's how she saw it.

So when Steve was struggling to keep him sitting up in the booth, she nudged Maria to go get a quick drink just to do a quick check-in.

"I can take care of him if you want to stay Y/N/N. Really, you should enjoy your night. I've done this enough with Bucky. I can handle it," Steve said, trying to get the giant dark-haired man off of her, but he held tighter to her. "Buck-"

"Really, it's fine. I'm a little drunk myself, and I'm worn out from dancing all night. I'm pretty sure I'm ready to go home."

"You're pretty, alright. You're really pretty," Bucky smiled again, pulling her into his side.

"Thanks, Buck. You're pretty too," she laughed. "How long for that cab, Stevie?"

"She called me pretty, Rogers! You hear that?!" Bucky gleamed but was ignored by all those around him.

She was blushing hard at that. Hell, she had been blushing with all the little comments he gave her that entire night.

"The outfit is perfect for you, Sassy!"

"Did you do something new to your hair? I like it."

"Wish I had your dancing spirit, sugar."

"You're a dork, Y/N/N. That's why I love ya."

Lucky for her, the lighting was very dark, so no one could notice the tomatoes that now covered her cheeks.

Then Steve called a cab, and with how intoxicated he was, she wasn't comfortable with leaving his side. Steve had helped before, many times in college, but she wanted to be the one to help. He had done so much for her, it was the least she could do.

The car ride home was something else. Being a lot more buzzed than drunk, she was able to take in the sweet feeling of Bucky resting his head on her shoulder and melting into her. The sweet and childish gesture that she took advantage of by combing her fingers through his hair. Letting the silky dark brown, almost black strands, glide through her fingers. The smell of subtle woodsy musk, mixed with a fresh laundry scent. Clean and comforting. How does someone still smell that good after a night at a club?

Getting home she was tired and she saw Steve had it under control. Plus, he was relentless in letting her get to bed and him taking care of Buck. So she called it a night.

Then just seconds from a deep sleep, she heard the thudding of feet by her door. She knew those feet because they stepped past her room every morning when he usually makes coffee for them both before she woke. A simple and platonic gesture she was sure, but sweet and heartwarming nonetheless.