{XXVIII} • Mission

Start from the beginning

The officer clicked on a button and waited. Junghoon was quick to come. He opened the door and looked at me. "Follow me." He said. We followed Junghoon and got in his office. He closed the door and looked at me, waiting for me to explain my appearance.

"I'm going to Daegu." I state. "So?" Junghoon asked. "I need a certificate that I'm officially cooperating with this police station."
Junghoon looked at me for a second.
"Why do you need that, if I may ask."
"Something got stolen and I need it back."
"Why didn't you report it to us?"
"The police always delays. By the time they've found it, I'm already lying in my coffin." I say.

"How do I know you won't cause trouble in Daegu?" Junghoon asked. I huffed. "If I would want to cause trouble, I'd already gone there." I say. Junghoon hesitated. "Who are coming with you?" He asked. "Two others." I say. Junghoon looked past my shoulder to Namjoon and Yoongi. I was getting annoyed.

"No, only him." I say while pointing at Yoongi. "The other person isn't here." I add. "What are the names, so I know who to address the certificate to." Junghoon asked. "Min Yoongi and Kim Taehyung." I say. 

Junghoon thought for a second. "Kim Taehyung? The boy that was arrested together with you?" He asked. I nodded. "His father is in the mortuary. They are still waiting for the funeral." Junghoon said. "How about the bullet?" I ask. "It's in the archive with all the other evidences."

"Can we see it?" I ask. Junghoon nodded and signed us to follow him. We followed him to a big room that consisted out of drawers of metal. He opened one and took out a plastic bag in which a bullet was put.

I take it and watch it closely. There was something engraved on it, but the half of it wasn't clear. I give it to Namjoon. "What are you thinking?" I ask.

Namjoon observed it. "Don't draw any conclusions. It's unclear. It could be anything." He said. I nodded. I gave the bag back to Junghoon, who carefully put it back in the drawer. "For when do you need the certificate?" He asked. "I need it today." I answer.

Junghoon cocked an eyebrow. He sighed and started taking papers and started making the certificate. "What are you planning on doing there and how long are you staying?" Junghoon asked. "I'm planning to go get back what was mine. I don't know how long it will take." I say.

"I'll give you a week." I smiled satisfied. "But, if you cause any kind of trouble, consequences will follow." Junghoon said. It was clear he didn't trust me. I rolled my eyes.

It took a while before the certificates were finished. Namjoon and Yoongi were sitting in the waiting room discussing about how the coffee from the coffee dispenser was just hot, black water, while I walked up to Junghoon again.

"What happens if we don't arrange a funeral for Taehyung's dad?" I ask. "He will be used as an organ donor." Junghoon responded. "Until when can he stay there?" I ask again. "You mean his dad?" I nod. "For another two weeks."

"Thanks." I say. Junghoon gave me three papers. I unfolded it. It were the certificates. "Whatever you do, do it for a reason." Junghoon said. I nodded and started walking to Namjoon and Yoongi. "Make sure not to get caught." I heard. I smirked. "Got it." I say and walked to Namjoon and Yoongi.

"Let's go." I say. We drove to the office. I got into my room and sat down behind my desk. "So what are you planning on doing?" Namjoon asked. "I want to go to Daegu tomorrow. I'll take Taehyung and you." I say while pointing at Yoongi. "Why me?" He complained.

"Because, you know where that man is located and you're from there. You know the best hotels and places." I say. Yoongi sighed and silently agreed. "How is Taehyung by the way?" Namjoon asked. "Better, that's why I'm taking him with me tomorrow." I say. Namjoon nodded.

"Yoongi, you're dismissed. We're going backpacking to Daegu. Don't take more than one backpack." I say. Yoongi nodded and left the room. "I'll take over the paperwork. Don't worry." Namjoon said. I smiled thankfully. "Thanks, Namjoon." I say.

~~~

Taehyung's P.O.V:

Jungkook returned home pretty quickly. It was noon. "Hey, Tae, I'm home." He said while tossing his keys onto the kitchen counter. "Hey." I say.

"How are you?" Jungkook asked. "I'm better. I think I'm not sick anymore." I say. He walked up to me and pecked my lips. "That's great." He said. I smiled. "What are we going to have for dinner?" I ask.

Jungkook thought for a second. "Let's order pizza." He said. "Yes!" I said.

~~~

We were eating our pizza's at the table, when Jungkook spoke up.
"I was at the police station today and got certificates for us. We need to go to Daegu where that guy that stole my stuff is located."
I looked up.
"Okay, that's great. I'm from Daegu. I'll show you the way." I said. I saw surprise in Jungkook's eyes.

"You're from Daegu?" He asked. I nodded. "We moved here when I got accepted to the Korean Arts High School." I say.

"I didn't knew that." Jungkook said. I smile. "Now you do." I respond.

It was silent. Silent for a long time, before Jungkook spoke up again. "I talked to Lee Junghoon. He told me that your father is still in the mortuary."

I stopped eating and I looked up at Jungkook. I put my chopsticks away. "We still have a month to plan a funeral for him." He softly said. Tears started to tickle my eyes.

"Let's do it as soon as possible." I say while looking away. It was hard. Jungkook got that and walked over. He hugged me tightly. I missed dad. I didn't notice it until now.

"Okay, I'll take care of it. Don't worry." Jungkook said. I just nodded. I didn't knew what to say.

Jungkook kissed my head before pulling away. "We're going pretty early to Daegu tomorrow. It's the best if we pack our bags tonight." He said. "Okay." I responded. We finished our pizza's and got upstairs.

I started packing my bag. It was silent as I put Jungkook's hoodie into my bag. "Aren't you going to give that hoodie back?" Jungkook asked. I looked up. "No." I said. Jungkook grinned. "What else should I take with me?" I ask.

"A smile." He said and walked over to me. He kissed my neck with his hands on my waist, which slowly slid down. I pull away. "I'm not in the mood, Kook. I'm sorry." I say. I didn't want to do anything. I wanted to cry. I wanted to do nothing. I wanted to cry and do nothing at the same time. I didn't felt the same as a few hours ago.

Jungkook looked me in the eyes and took me arm. He pulled me with him downstairs. "Tannie, let's go." He said, to which Yeontan jumped off the couch and followed us. "Are we going to take out Yeontan?" I ask confusedly. "Yes. We are going on a big walk." He said. I nodded and put Yeontan's harness on. We started walking.

"Kookie?" I ask after a while.
"Hmm?"
"What happend to that man that shot my father?" I ask.

I saw Jungkook hesitating on whether he should tell me or not. "Tell me. I'm not a baby. I have a right to know." I say. "I know, I know, but..." I interrupted Jungkook. "If I'm going to take your position one day, should I know what you do to those people?" I ask a bit impatient.

"We normally assassinate, but that person was sent to jail." Jungkook answered then. I look up. "Who does the assassination?"

"We hire an assassin." Jungkook answered. I looked down at my feet and smiled as I said: "So I better don't break up with you."

Jungkook smirked. "That's right. Don't you dare break up with me." He said. I chuckled softly.

"There it is!!! There's the smile I was looking for!" Jungkook pointed out. I smiled at his reaction. Jungkook stopped walking and so did I. I looked at him, but he came closer and kissed me on my lips ever so tenderly.

After a moment he broke away.

"Keep that smile."

(Do you like Taehyung's P.O.V or Jungkook's P.O.V more?)