Chapter 1 - Whiskey Seems To Be My Holy Water

I watched the security guard give in relentlessly as he allowed me to walk into the venue with no ticket. His longingful gaze made me feel suddenly guilty for lying but at the same time, I couldn't help but smile at how devious I had become.

Before you ask... No I'm not or never will be a groupie. I was just an extremely outrageous 19 year old girl that "forgot" to buy a ticket. In reality, I just couldn't afford it... I wish I was the type of person that could go without food for a week to save up money for a ticket, but I tried millions of times... It was agony. My only means of earning money was gigging and touring around, playing small shows here and there, but I wasn't exactly famous, so I didn't earn that much regardless of what I did. My guitar teacher told me it would be difficult, but I didn't actually realise it would be this hard.

You wouldn't ever think I wasn't well off though, I always had to look perfect. I was a perfectionist you see... More insecure than egotistical. My hair always had to be just right, my make up always had to be perfect. The clothes I wore always resembled the rock star inside of me. What you see is what you get. But unfortunately, I was never satisfied...

How did I ever get let in with no ticket you ask? Well, every time a band I liked played somewhere in LA, I'd pretend to be a pregnant woman that needed to use the bathroom. A bit over the top, I know. But that was just me. I was over the top.

My "performance" worked in many other occasions, however to date, none of them ever ended well. Last month especially. It was a cold bitter evening... January 23rd. I was stood shivering at the doors in my favourite ripped skinny jeans and a motely crue t shirt - that my brother gave me before he moved to Arizona with his girlfriend - waiting for the line to shuffle forward as I stood completely alone at the end. One of my favourite bands, Pierce The Veil, were playing in a different venue to this one, across town.

There was no way I could've missed them, yet I lacked money for a ticket, so I played the scene that I acted out so well. Everyone knows you can't reject a pregnant woman from using the toilet... In my mind it was logical. Of course, it was awkward going to concerts on my own, but I didn't really have friends outside of my band, except for my best friend Ciara, and it just so happens that my band mates prefered lounging in a closet-like studio all day rather than experiencing live music and Ciara was just so busy all the time with her work schedule.

Anyway, like many previous times, I "searched" for the bathrooms, following signs, or peoples useful directions and somehow... I found myself strolling cautiously in the backstage corridors. I walked around for at least an hour, and suddenly, Mike came into sight and guilty as charged... I chased him out of the building... Yeah that didn't go down too well with the cops... I spent a whole night in a dirty jail cell for that! But it was worth it one way or another. But you see, I wasn't some crazy-over obsessive fan, actually, I preferred playing hard to get with men I was attracted to... but it was always something I had wanted to do.

How many of you out there could possibly say, "I got arrested the other night for forging the identity of a pregnant woman and chasing Mike Fuentes out of the venue..." I mean seriously? This is once in a lifetime stuff we're talking about here.

(Coming back to reality)... I let my favourite pair of black converses shuffle along the rock star-like red carpet as I searched for the way towards the stage, dodging any security guards because I was bad at hiding things once I had started them. The soft material under foot was literally like walking on clouds. I felt like I was in heaven.

Tonight, in my mind, was going to be the best night of my life. It had to be. I had always dreamed of going to see Falling In Reverse in concert. They were genuinely my favourite band. I loved everything about them. The way they dressed, the music they played, the way they treated their fans, and mostly, the way they made me feel as special as they were, even though, I'd never amount to half of what they are worth.