V. MY PRINCE OF DARKNESS

Start from the beginning

"Keep it up."

"Where's Stefan?" Elena asked the hybrid. "What did you do to him?"

"Stefan's on a time out." He vaguely told her, when suddenly the doors opened up to Matt and Bonnie, who walked inside.

"Bonnie, get out of here!"

"Ah, I was wondering when you'd show up. Now we can get started." Klaus said, walking over to Bonnie, before he glanced over his shoulder at Dana. "Ah, Dana, why don't you relax? You and Chad sit tight." He then looked back at Bonnie. "I assume you're the reason Elena's still walking around alive?"

Bonnie - before the sacrifice - had done a spell, not willing to risk Elena and I's safety with the elixir Elijah had given us, although it hadn't worked on me. That was why John was dead. He'd died to bring us back.

And I came back as the one thing he hated most in the world.

"That's right." She nodded, not a bit afraid of the hybrid. "If you want to blame someone, blame me."

"Oh, there's no need for blame, love." He said, as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Just your witchy interference seems to have caused some undesirable side effects. And since you caused the problem, I'm going to have you find the fix."

In walked Rebekah, with Tyler in her hold, pulling him into the gym. "Get off of me!"

"Hush now."

"I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah." Klaus introduced, looking between us. "Word of warning... She can be quite mean."

"Don't be an ass." Rebekah responded, unamused before she pushed Tyler in Klaus' arms.

"Leave him alone!"

"I'm going to make this very simple..." He explained. "Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually." I gasped as he suddenly bit into his wrist, shoving it to Tyler's mouth. No - he wasn't going to turn him? Would he really do that? To me? "I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake..." He suddenly snapped Tyler's neck, dropping his lifeless body to the floor. "You better hurry."

I instantly dropped to my knees beside Tyler, memories of us when we were children playing through my thoughts on a loop. One of my best friends was dead, and I didn't think he'd come back.

"He killed him." Matt said, kneeling down beside Tyler.

"He's not dead." Elena pointed out, as if trying to sound hopeful, though she seemed unsure. "Klaus's blood will turn him into a vampire."

But, she hadn't seen the horrors, hadn't seen what happened when Klaus tried to turn a werewolf into a hybrid. Tyler was as good as dead, unless somehow Bonnie could fix it all. I was stuck. I didn't want Bonnie involved in any of this anymore, but I also didn't want Tyler to die.

"And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transition." Klaus added, as I looked up at him and Bonnie. "Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires. and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to Elena and Lyssa...For safe-keeping." Bonnie left with Matt.

"Rebekah, Take the wolf boy elsewhere, would you?" Rebekah rolled her eyes, grabbing hold of Tyler's hand to drag him out of the room. How could she be so unaffected? I mean, she didn't even know Tyler, and she just so easily dragged him out like he was nothing. "Just ignore her." Klaus told Elena. "Petty little thing."

___________________________

Elena was comforting Dana, as I walked up onto the bleachers, where Klaus was sitting and waiting. "You don't have to do this," I told him, ready to offer absolutely anything for him to just, stop. "please Klaus," I stared into his eyes, pleading. "I am begging you, don't do this. You have my loyalty, please just leave everyone else alone."