🔺 Chapter 24🔻

Start from the beginning

"They caught me but I was going to come back for you anyways" she answered and Adetutu cried. "Now they're going to kill you" "We shouldn't have come, to think we're dying because of 20k" "I was out to catch a game and maybe earn more" tears rolled down her eyes, "I don't think I like this job anymore" she confessed and Osas chuckled in tears.

"Some people are lucky you know" Adetutu added then she cursed her short term luck.

The native doctor walked towards Adetutu then he skipped her now meeting Osas. "Who brought an abomination into the shrine?" He asked and everyone kept quiet.

"We can't kill this one! Ah, if we do, we are seriously invoking trouble." "Ah Han?" Chief Akinola asked, Osas recognized that irritating voice so she looked towards his direction.

"How so? Is she not like any other girl"

"If a drop of her blood lands on this floor, our own has finish. She's not to be touched, as long as she's inside her. Someone please get her out" she demanded and one of the men in robes held her.

"No! Please let me get out with my sister"

"Who, her?" The native doctor asked then he laughed. "You're not in the position to make demands and who said we're letting you go? You'll be killed outside, definitely"

"Please let her go. I brought her into this, it's my fault" Adetutu cried and the man picked a bloody matchete from their altar then he moved closer to her.

"Please!" Osas begged, "Don't waste your bloody spit Osas." Adetutu turned towards her, "I'm sorry I brought you into this. If you fucking make it out of this place, tell my brother I'm sorry, tell him I love him, let him know he's the best brother in history and I'm the sister who doesn't deserve his love"

"You won't die"

Adetutu laughed in between her tears. "If you make it out this Osas, please make this blood sucking mother fuckers pay." She begged. He made some chant swinging the matchete at her and her head went off while blood splashed on Osas face and cloth.

Osas shut her eyes in tears, "Get her out of here"

A man held her out of the room handing her over to the guards to kill her after getting out of the building. Two pushed her into a car driving her out of the building then they parked close to a bush track.

At gun point she cried walking through the tracks as images of Adetutu being killed flashed into her head.

After getting in deep, the two men made her go on her knees. Then one of them pointed a gun at her and she shut her eyes.

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for thou art with me" she muttered to herself.

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

Yea though I walk ...

Two gun shots were fired, followed by a loud thud on the floor and she looked at herself closely, there was no sign of gun shot or injury. She turned to the men who had fallen dead then she wondered who pulled the shots.

She turned back seeing two men dressed in , they wore khaki half jackets. The had Torchlight hanging on their forehead, they were hunters; a father and a son.

She rose up as they both walked towards her, "Tani e, Kini o n wa ni ibi? (Who are you and what are you looking for?)" He asked and she racked her head browsing through her Yoruba vocabulary.