(lxiv) the chunin exam II

Start from the beginning

ikashi resorted to keeping a straight face, "we'll see about that won't we"

the sound of the referee was heard, "begin"

"earth style: statue clones", she decided to attack first, sending earth style clones charging towards him

he didn't reveal his sharingan yet, because once he did, it would take up a part of his chakra. so his initial response was to fight the clones with taijutsu. he got rid of two of the clones pretty easily.

"not bad", kurotsuchi smirked, "it's a pity really, she hasn't even revealed her true power yet"

"my son handled dying and coming back to life", y/n remarked, "he can handle a little fight like this one, don't you think so tsuchikage-sama?"

and sure enough, ika decided to win. and also be evil about it.

cho's strategy here was that she had one of her clones hiding underground, waiting to attack him. the other clones drove him into a corner and it worked out perfectly.

ikashi barely dodged the attack, deciding it was time to finish the fight. he finally revealed his sharingan, staring straight into her eyes.

"the kid has sharingan?!", kurotsuchi widened her eyes

"you do know i'm an uchiha, right?!", y/n asked

"he's already awakened it?!", darui exclaimed, "this is getting good"

"right?", y/n smiled, turning to kakashi, who didn't respond.

"oh wow how long is he gonna stay mad?"

cho also decided to reveal her true power.

"earth style", she made the ground beneath them rumble, drawing hand signs, "volcanic rock of pain"

small streams of magma began to burst out around ika, but he stood like he it didn't matter to him.

"oh THAT's her power", y/n said, smirking before making a hand sign to release

what was actually happening was that cho was under a genjutsu. and she hadn't realised it yet. so to the audience she just looked like she was standing still and doing nothing.

everyone turned to y/n. "how do you know what's going on in the genjutsu"

"oh it's just this deal ika and me made", she giggled, "he promised he'd trap me also in the genjutsu so that i could see what was going on in exchange for me teaching him something else"

"wow you both are evil", darui shook his head

kakashi's face formed a faint smile at the information, hidden away by his mask.

"so what did you offer to teach him?", gaara asked curiously and she was about to answer when ika answered it for her

"chidori"

the genjutsu was broken as the question was asked and lightning accumulated in the palm of ika's hand.

recovering from the genjutsu, cho could hardly realise what was happening when she was struck by the attack.

the fight was over oddly fast.

"you were saying, tsuchikage-sama?", y/n asked

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐔𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐇𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋: 𝐤𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 🎉