"Fuck you," the man in the chair spat at her. "When I get out of here I'm gonna make you wish you've never been born."

Kael smirked, knowing she had irked them. She knew their status by how they fought. She already had a vague idea of what their professions were, and even then they weren't good enough for her.

"Who hired you?" She asked calmly.

"I don't have to say anything to you." The man said.

"I think you do," Kael hummed, her fingers twirling a knife. "Who sent you?"

Instead of replying, the man tied to the chair spat at her.

Natasja's eyes widened.

Oh, shit.

"I see," Kael calmly wiped it off her face. Before the man could make another retort, Kael stabbed the knife through his hand.

The man screamed.

"I'll ask you again," she drawled, twisting the knife slowly as blood gushed out the man's fractured carpal bones. "Who sent you?"

"We don't know," the man managed to get out through gritted teeth. He was sweating form the sudden pain. "He had a mask on. Gave us a note saying they'll pay us big if we kill the women living on this island. If we don't accept it he'll shoot us. He blindfolded us and dropped us off here."

"Why aren't these two talking?" Kael moved towards his companions.

One of the men was shaking as he quickly got down to his knees, his hands up in surrender. "He had a tattoo on his hand. A red lion."

Kael froze. "A red lion?"

"Y-yes," the man stuttered. "It covered his whole hand. It was a red lion eating--"

"--a black snake." Kael finished for him. She ran a hand through her hair. "Shit. They know where we are."

She looked at Natasja, thinking of a quick strategy.

"You," Kael pressed the knife down again and the man screamed. "You work for me now."

"Why the hell should we?" he screamed. "He'll kill us!"

"You'll die here. Tortured." She growled. "Unless you obey me."

"I'm willing to pay you double what he did." Natasja offered.

Kael glared at her to shut up.

"You can pay me all you want lady, but that man threatened our families."

"I'm Kael Maddox from the Regius Praesidio Academy. I can protect you." Kael sighed.

"Holy shit," the quiet man that got shot in the leg whispered in awe. "You're real?"

"Listen," Kael leaned down, her patience wearing thin. "If you work for me, the Academy will protect you. Your families will be safe. I guarantee it."

A moment of hesitation ensued. All wondering if she was the real-life rumored Kael Maddox everyone in the mafia and gangs talked about. The Blind Killing Machine.

"How can you prove you're her? You're not blind."

"She literally just took out the three of you by herself in less than five minutes." Natasja mumbled.

"It's her." One of the men said. "We're ex-marines with special training. And we were too easy for her. That's her. Without a doubt."

"This is what I want you to do," Kael crossed her arms, ignoring their musings. "Go back to that man and tell him you succeeded. Tell him I'm dead."