Not a professional? How did he find this place?

"How many do you think there are?" Natasja whispered, hidden behind a large tree trunk while Kael was on her back, the gun close to her chest.

Kael closed her eyes.

"Three."

Natasja cursed. "Are they all at the house?"

"There's one close to us." Kael checked her ammo. "Stay close."

They kept low on the ground as the sniper fired at them. Natasja was briefly amazed at Kael's perception to sound, and how she knew immediately there were three people by the sound of their footsteps. The house wasn't that far from them, and the fact that Kael got them down right after that shot was a miracle.

"Get down," Kael's voice was steely, calm. She was once again Sabrael.

Before Natasja knew what was happening, Kael fired once right beside Natasja, and they heard a grunt of pain.

"Two more," Kale muttered. "Nat, I want you to go where I shot the first. We need them alive. Hold him down and make sure he doesn't go anywhere. I'll be right back."

The bullet that passed just millimeters by her head made Natasja feel a bit nauseous. "Got it."

Kael nodded then crouched down low behind a tree, knowing the gunshot had alerted the sniper. She threw a rock at a nearby tree and sure enough, the sniper took the bait and fired. Kael immediately followed the line of fire with her keen eyes and almost smiled.

Bingo.

She aimed at the black beanie. All she had was a handgun and it's been years since she fired one, but she knew she wouldn't miss.

She pulled the trigger, intentionally grazing his beanie. The man cursed and got up to run, but Kael was faster and shot him in the leg. He went down screaming.

"One more." Kael practically hummed. She loved being the hunter.

She made her way to the house, keeping extreme caution of her surroundings by using her superhuman hearing and sixth sense. Her grey eyes perused the area, her body following her guts. She went to the kitchen, walking carefully. Nothing.

Then something on the ground caught her eye. A scruff. Black rubber. Going left and into the bedroom.

A stupid choice of place to hide. Kael rolled her eyes. These guys had no idea what they were doing at all.

She walked to the bedroom and barely dodged a screaming, flailing man that attacked her from behind. She flipped him on the ground easily, without batting an eye. Shocked eyes looked up before the man released a yell again and tried to swipe his leg to bring Kael down.

The tall woman stepped on the moving leg, stopping the momentum.

"What the-"

Before the intruder could finish his sentence, Kael had lifted him up by the collar of his shirt like he weighed nothing. She slammed him on a chair, the impact making his head whip back. Before he could react, Kael had taken off her belt and used it to secure him to the chair, and it was over in seconds. The man was in shock at her speed and strength.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"I should be asking you that." Kael cracked her neck. "But hold that thought. Let's get the whole family in here."

In a few minutes, they were all in the room. Two bleeding men on the floor, another tied to a chair, and Natasja and Kael.

"I'm insulted." Kael crossed her arms. "If they're gonna send people after me they could have at least gotten professionals."